Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-17 08:08:08 PM

Mother Krisha

Trip To Market-Redwall Log

** Got asked to post  since some of this was on the dirt road and the dirt road don't go on radio. I had managed to save it so here is the log smile ***

Who:

Krisha-Badger Mother

Oz-Teenagerand son of Krisha

Kage-Healer

Jaison-Master Healer of Redwall

Matilda-Champion of Redwall

LOG:

Krisha set out to the market with a list of some things the abbey needed."The spice merchant is at the market,some annoying reason he wants us to come to him, also we have some nails and such to get from the Blacksmith ." She does help with the forge at the abbey.The abbey forge is small and only used for things such as nails,henges and barrel rings but Krisha has been rather  busy heklping with harvest, and dibbun duties and helping with some abbot duties the past couple weeks Abbot Benar had some time off.Also the whole checking on Ferravale a couple days, that was ehausting and also upsetting to see the village so destoryed and basicly...well empty of beasts, yes a very,VERY small few was there but hardly any at all.

Kage has been spending time at a camp by the bridge, a camp thats likely well gyuarded and kind of hidden or least  not found really unless one is looking and knew where to go. He was heading back towards the abbey in fact, what he missed the food and no one said he couldnt go hang iout at the abbey and besides he could like spy or learn stuff.

Jaison looked at a list,"I will get some herbs,also some herbs by the river.Me and a small group of novices can also get clay by the river if that's ok?"

Matilda spoke up"It is as long as I go along with you.The ones who invaded Ferravale may well be miles away but I am not taking any chances some are still around to ambush us"

Krisha smils "You worry too much Matilda.It will be ok but yes Jaison have the champion go with you anyways and be careful.We meet meet back up at the entrry to the market."

Jaison nods to this.He was in fact fine with the hedgehog coming along as parts of the river was just down right scary sometimes,even in the daylight.

Oz was also along for the trip,well sort of, he kind of sliped out to eplore some on his own only to be found by Matilda and given a lecture.

Kage lookd up as he seen and heard voices.A paw goes to his side where he has a long dagger,but he stops when he sees Abbey beasts and his arm relaes but he stays alert still as he watches the group, or rather two groups it looks like now.

Matilda leads the group with Jaison to the nearby river bank for some water herbs and river clay.

Krisha makes sure Oz stays close"Your grounded by the way.You are to go to Lacota and tell him your helping wash dishes after the eveing meal and also helping after breakfast tomorrow, and after lunch." She also gave the badger a small lecture,she was good at lectures now as she learned from the best, Papa Oz himself.

The market soon came into view with it's various stalls and stands of various things.Fruits and veggies,even a stall with some rather questing fish and shrimp. Another stall had cloths and there was the forge beast and of course a spice merchant.Also some various other stalls of things one may find at the market.

Kage recogized the teen badger and chuckled as he got closer,following at a safe distance and alert,always alert.

Oz sighed and looked around but stayed close to his mother ."Alright mother I unserstand."

Krisha shaked her head.She then got the group of novices and a couple order beasts with her together.She passed out lists of things each group would get and the prices things should be, she would deal with the spice merchant and she trusted Brother Rick to handle the forge beast since the old squirrel knew the forge beast for like seasons now.

Kage leaned on a nearby post,he waited till Oz passed as he spoke"Parents can be strict at times am I right?" He smirks a little.

Oz gasps and then nods"Oh hello Mr. Kage.I remember you. You helped me back to the abbey after that umm" He frowns as he looks down"The weasel or..ferret.."He forgot just what creture it was.

Krisha meanwhile found the pice merchant as she looked over her list "No..only the amont I said."She sighs "Ok then I want some of your claming tea, and some of the fruity tea as well added  to the deal."A smile as the merchant agrees with this and he gets a few more coins from the deal.Krisha then turned to.."Oz?.."She looked around and blinked"Oz!"She then laid eys on the wildcat and quickly walked over towards them.

Kage chuckles and then,.."Oh boy..."He mutters as he strightens up and nods"Hello miss....ummmm?"

Oz frowned as he seen his mom "Mom, it's ok...he helped me a couple weeks ago...when I...ummm..."Oh yeah he never told her he kind of sliped off,after all the abbey was a bit busy with a lot going on and the Ferravale issue and other things.

Krisha narrows her eyes, a glace at the Wildcat and then Oz"Helped with what?" She keeps her calm and studies Kage and it's crystal clear she don't trust the cat.

Kage backs up a little "Greetings I am Kage,traveling Healer. No harm is coming to the lad here. In fact he is right  I helped him with a bit of a ferret problem and lead him back to the safety of the abbey."

Oz looks down"He saved my life mom.....and got me back home.I" He looks up "I overheard the Defender's base was burned down too and wanted to  see for myself  and I didn't get very far on the road...well almost to that Black Gull...anmd I had father's blade on my back..."Oh boy he didn't mention that either.

Krisha has a claming breath "Tell Lactoa your helping him for the net...the net week" She then looks at Kage.."Well thank you but he shouldn't og been in a spot to need help and..."Looks at Oz "Why did you have your father's blade with you,,,,where is it now...."

Kage just, yeah he is backing away from this and maybe heading off somewhere, somewhwre far from this.

Oz frowns "I put it back in the chest...I'm..s..sorry mom,I just ...I figued no one woyuld brother me if they seen a badger with a weapon..."

Krisha just looks ready to scream, but luckly she doesn't.She looks at Kage as if he is up to something.She is a little grumpy"Where do you think your going?"

Kage gulps "I....hmmm"Think quickly brain please.."I can help carry things back or pull a cart.Be a back guard as I used to be a body guard to a mayor of a small town..."He doesn't gop into detail,it's not really needed but he is telling the truth.

Oz is smart,he just stays put and quiet.

Krisha studies the wildcat closely,lsitening to him and and nods"Ok...fine..let's go" She meets up with Jaison and the others, tells Matilda the wildcat is helping and it's a quiet walk back to the abbey.

At the abbey:

Jaison walks quietly,very so often looking back at a wildcat who seems to have helped carry in some supplies and other things from a trip to the market.The hamster speaks up"I..suppose you could help around here maybe, your have to ask de abbot or one of the other elders about it sir"   

Benar is watching the Foremoleand his team and a group of squirrels working on the scaffolding that is now rising up the side of the abbey. it isn't quite finished yet and the Abbot and Foremole as well as Tabitha the squirrel in charge have forbidden anyone from climbing it yet if they are not part of the construction team. But it is very nearly to the roof now.   

Krisha stays close as she had volenteered to go to market to get some things needed.She speaks with some novices and then heads over to where the abbot is,a glace at the others before heading over to the abbot"Everything going ok Benar?"   

Jaison takes some supplies into the infirm,the wildcat stays in the open ground and looks around.He had been at the abbey a week before but only stayed the night.   

Benar turns to look at the others and smiles, "Oh hello Krisha, yes all is well," he gestures up, "The scaffolding is nearly complete, soon we will be able to get up and survey the roof in full."   

Krisha glces up and nods "Well it seems you have enough helpers.I hope it doesn't take too long.I got some things we needed at the market by the way, and a group of novices even got some river clay"   

Benar asks, "Oh? What had we run out of?" he turns away from the construction to look up at the badger, "And more Clay is always good, I am always running out."

Kage tilts his head as he clears his throat"So this is the Abbot of Redwall, hello good sir I am Kage..traveling healer.I had intrest in staying a little while but I would not do so without asking the one in charge of course."He offers a smile"I know some are unsure of vermin species in the abbey"   

Benar smiles at Kage, "As long as you live here in peace then you are welcome and have nothing to fear from any abbeybeast, we welcome all here to our home."   

Krisha speaks "There was some spices from teh spice dealer at the market, the one that usually comes downn this way decides to stay at the market this season, also got some other needed itrems on the list and we do still have some clay but I had a feeling it was needed soon." She keeps an eye on Kage when he speaks,maybe herself still slightly unsure of him."The abbot is right."she states.   

Kage nods"Of course, of course."He did let the guards have his weapons at the gate after all."I dont plan to harm any beast,just be helpful if I can.Maybe even help with your roof project even, somehow"

Benar says, "Of course Kage," he looks up, "Our Sparrow friends tell us there are holes in the roof and and Tabitha have been up to look and it is quite bad, looks like a storm we had blew some tiles off, a roofing joist rotted and fell in taking the tiles in, so we never saw anything on the ground."

Krisha lets the abbot speak and adds "We should have enough help for those that want to venture up top, but maybe you can help with carring things to the open ground that need to be up on the roof so it can be fied in time for winter"

Kage chuckles some"Oh trust me I don't plan on going up on your rooftops,one could easyly fall. But yes maybe help carry items or help elsewhere even. I likely won't stay too long,never was one to stay in one area too long"   

Krisha stays nearby , only leaveing when Sister Anna walks over and mutters something to her,which makes her sigh but she does head off, slowly at first and then shakes her head deciding it's best to check on something else that demands her attention more.   

Kage watches the badger go and hmms softly "Your Badger Mother seems to not trust wildcats too much."

Benar says, "Well wildcats are a rarity and she has some... ancient history with a bad wildcat," he shakes his head, "I am sure in time she will warm up to you Kage and thank you for offering to help even if it is down here onthe ground"

Kage nods"Well, prehaps not all wildcats are trustworthy beasts"   

Benar says, "Well the same is true for all beasts, not everyone can be trusted, I have met villanous woodlanders and those people would call vermin who are saints."

Kage seems curious of this "Vermious woodlanders? Odd I have not meet a woodlander who thought them selfs evil, yes a lot of woodlanders are uncertain of me but I am used to it. I harm no one unless hey proove they need harmed. I am a simple healer . I used to be a body guard at one time,saddly that was the past and in the northlands. A lot less cold here in your Mossflower"   

Benar says, "Being a healer is a great calling," he smiled softly, "And I know the nortlands quite well I grew up there it was... long ago for me now though. And every beast can walk their own path, what species we are does not define if we are good or evil"

Kage hmmms"Wise words you are full of much wisdom.And few like the northlands there is not much there"

Benar says, "Well for now I need to head inside," he smiled at the wild-cat, "But I will no doubt see you around Kage"

Kage nods"Good eve then Abbot."He too heads inside after a short while.

Last edited by Mother Krisha (2022-09-17 08:09:41 PM)

Board footer