Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-16 08:21:57 PM

Log-A-Log

Pain is a good sign-LP LOG

WHO

Elbio-Lt,Fighter  hare in LP and Residentasl RW Hare

Sheen, Capt. Lucia and a couple other hares- Spoofed by Terrence

LOG:

It was decided that a break would be good, and the group was making very good time. For this Elbio was glad of. He had been doing fine for most of the trip,then his legs decided to ache really bad and so he uses his walking staff for the last couple miles to the place they set up camp for the night. He sighs a little, but least his legs were starting to feel better nowand it was true, they had walked, like a LOT the past few days and he wasn't use to that just yet.   

Truth be told, Sheen had lost count of how many days past since they'd exited the marsh lands and hiked up the first foot hill. Days? Weeks? She didn't know. Not a month. Originally her plan had been to volunteer to go with the 67th in search of Konner with the Lt. & Sarge, but she was placed in the OTHER platoon. Just her luck.   

"If there's feeling that's a good sign," Sheen looks up from her brooding to watch as Cpt. Lucia Barca speaks, the officer walking up to stand by Elbio. "You'd be feeling less pain if there was a major issue."   

Elbio glaces up,a nod "That's true. I am lucky really.I thought I would forever be..."He shakes his head and smiles"Never thought I see pain as good. I should be fine in de morning and we are past the harder part of the trip now"   

Lucia nods looking up at the peaks around them. "Maybe, but it's been seasons since anyone's recorded the state of the mountain passes. We may yet find an obstacle or two..." In the east, towards Mossflower, the first stars are already beginning to show and in the dying light (partially cut short by the mountains) one can just barely make out a line of dark green; the forest. "I've only been this far east twice in my life. Once under old Colonel Zoe's command and once under Sebastian's; both times helping Redwall with a vermin problem, if I recall correctly."   

Elbio mmms"Well let's hope no villian issues come around with this trip. I think this may of been the path I took to get to the western shore when I was with Adrian and Monty, least..I think so anyways or least part of the mountain pass anyways.And we can always send a report about the path somehow if we are able."   

"Indeed?" Raising a brow, the captain turns back to the lieutenant. "Well, it's been some time from even that mission, hasn't it?" She muses. "But no matter," waving her paw she address Elbio again, "One of the goals of having a base in Mossflower with more than one hare is so messengers can be sent more reliably between the mountain and the woods, you know?"   

Elbio says, "Yes"He answers "I know and it will be very helpful. If trouble comes a runner can go to the mountain if needed, for any major events.Some minor ones we likely can handle on our own, but we will still sent a runner to give updates and such, letters and maybe some reports and they can keep us updated on things on the western shore as well."

"And for the time being a company of hares will be within a halfday's march to the abbey." Lucia answers with another nod. "Hopefully merely our presence will be able to deter any, well," she searches for the right word, "Complications, as it were, in Mossflower. And anything that requires the rest of the Patrol Salamandastron will be well informed of..."   

Elbio thinks a morment "There is the village, Ferravale...but they have a peace treaty with the abbey and have even helped the abbey before so they are not a threat, or least most of the beasts in that village. Its a heck of a lot better than Halyard ." A small smile "And some woodlanders live in the village too, hmmm may need to check up on de village when we get thar and see how things are"   

"Ferravale..." The captain has trouble keeping disdain from her voice. "That village is run by vermin, isn't it? New, too. Wasn't much of a presence back before Sebastian's time. Hmmm."   

Elbio nods "Yes it is a vermin village,thier chieftain is a cat named Blisa."   

Lucia grits her teeth. "Cats." As if not needing to say anything more, she shakes her head. "They're rarely friendly."   

Elbio shrugs "I was thar like..twice, use to be a base tahr..suppose it's still thar.Mossflower Defenders but sadly when the leader died the group seems to of...well...splint up , kind of sad really. Then suppose all de more reason to have LP thar as well."   

Lucia narrows her eyes, trying to place the name somewhere. "Mossflower Defenders. They're the group that was decimated in the last war there, yes? I can't imagine a woodland militia being much more than a title, frankly. Hares & badgers seem to be the only creatures save vermin with a stomach for war, after all."

Elbio again shrugs "I...think.Wait yeah they lost a lot of members and those remaining, like maybe 5...came to the mountain for help when some stoat was at the abbey and the patrol went to help"His ears drooop "And yes..good won but at a very high cost for de long patrol that day, I read the reports, talked to hares and beasts from de abbey about that day. I wasnt part of de patrol then."

Lucia side eyes the lieutenant. "Yes, well, I was." she grunts, with a huff. "I knew many, many of the hares who died there well. Wasn't there, of course - I was on duty back at the mountain. I avoid visitors when they come, usually, too. I'm not really one for non-patrol company, which I'm sure you've gathered."   

Elbio frowns "I'm sorry..."He decides to chnage the subject "Ya know...de abbey is great and ya have to try the food, best in the land."A smile "Even if tis just a day at the abbey, sides my guess is your the one to speak to de abbot when we get thar"   

"I do intend to if I can, yes." The captain says, "Though if there's more pressing matters that preoccupy the company I'm certain you can handle the talk with the Redwall beasts, lieutenant."   

"Anyways, Reed," Lucia uses his last name, "I'll leave you to take your rest. We have yet another early morning tomorrow."   

Elbio watches her and nods "Of course"He knows the details so he can and likely will answer some questions, it will be good to be back at the abbey, he misses it.He nods and smiles "Of course Long Patrol is always up bright and early every day."   

The captain almost lets a small smile slip. Almost. She waves and says a good night as she turns to go.

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

Board footer