Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-16 03:02:27 PM

Log-A-Log

We Shall Help Fix The Roof!-Redwall Log

Who:

Xavier-Log-a-log

Benar-Abbot

Oz- teenage  Badger

LOG:

Xavier has returned to the area and the ribe was at the abbey for a few days, most heading on back to the main camp and the Log-a-log staying at the abbey a couple more days to catch up with friends and on any news since he been away.   

Benar is standing by a table just-inside the great hall lookingf over some plans and maps spread out across the table. He is chatting quietly to a couple of members of the order, but he looks up and smiles at Xavier and waves, "Hello there"   

Xavier smiles "Hello Abbot Benar, how have ya been? The abbey looks good and still here."He walks closer "Me and my tribe been adventureing on de rivers and de streams, even visited the sea shore fer a short time."   

Benar says, "We have been well than you," the abbot esmiled, "I am glad to hear you and your tribe are well and have returned to us. I trust you had a good time up and down the rivers of Mossflower all spring and summer long?"

Xavier chuckles "We did, we did...it was intresting. Got to see some places not seen before, even seen some sort of old temple of some sort."

Benar says, "Well that sounds lovely, I think I know those ruins you mean, I saw them once..." he looks over Xavier's head and smiles, "Very long ago with my mother."

Xavier nods"Sounds intresting,I do won der what they were once but who knows." He starts to sit down but seems curious as to what is maybe behind him.   

Benar says, "I am not sure I remember," he shakes his head and turns back to his plans, "Me we are reviewing the roof tiles, nothing exciting but some of them need replacing after that big storm we had."

Xavier nods "Sounds like a job for brave beasts since it will be very high up, sort of like when de weather vane was placed back onto the roof."   

Benar says, "It will be, I am just reviewing the plans to build a scffolding up the southern end of the building to make reachign the roof easier. I've also been talking to the Sparra Queen about us being on the roof"

Xavier says, "Yes I do remember Always wise to speak to the Sparra."He chuckles "I remember one that was learning to fly..Anal I believe was his name,they...least that I seen, didnt have many young sparra there, then they may have been elsewhere"

Benar asks, "Well Xavier are you and the GUOSIM staying at your camp near the river? or would you do me the honour of being our guests for a few weeks? I could do with your help building this scaffolding"

Xavier hmmms softly "I could speak to de group and let them know de abbey needs help. I am sure they will love ta help."   

Benar says, "Thank you Xavier," he smiles, "I have a few squirrels staying here besides me, but not many, the moles are not very good at heights"

Xavier nods "Some beasts, they not like high places."He smiles at a memory "Me father use to climb this really, really tall tree near de camp.He feared no high placs..."He frowns slightly, but it's still nice to remember good times.   

Benar says, "Thank you Xavier, that would ve very helpful, and you would all be most welcome here," he smiled at the shrew, "It would be a good way to spend some time together"

Xavier nods "True, very true and the tribe do like the abbey. And there is one young one in de tribe..Oswald and Leigh's son, Mother Krisha could help watch him so he stays outta trouble while the GUOSIM are here"   

Benar says, "Well I am sure Oswald and Leigh's little one will be welcomed by Krisha and the DAB as soon as they arrive."

Xavier nods"I will need to sent a message to the camp, or just head back and tell de news in person"   

Benar asks, "No rush," Benar smiled, "Would you like a drink or something whilst you are here?"

Xavier starts to leave, but stops and sits down "Well, thar any of the October Ale? That is always good to drink, anyime of the year."   

Benar says, "Of course we have October Ale, it is a favourite, and ona hot day like to day a cool ale before you go back out into the sun is worth it"

Xavier grins "Of course it be good..."Least he believes so, he seems unsure though"I mean...course...right?" Ok so he never got a chance to try it, and he was away a couple seasons.   

Benar says, "Well come with me," Benar started toward the stairs, "On a day like today we want a cool drink out if sight where we will not be disturbed."   

Xavier just nods and follows.

Benar leads the way down into the cellars, through the busy kitchens and down quickly. He pauses to light a lantern and then starts along between the barrels and firkin, "So October ale, lets see..." he draws some out of one of the barrels and hands a tankard over to Xavier.

Xavier gets the drink and nods his thanks as he shirls it around a little and gives it a small taste.A smile forms on his lips "Itt...it IS good stuff, many beasts are right.Whom ever made tis batch is de best at ale making"

Benar settles down on an old chair and smiles, "It is nice down here and cool and a good place to spend a quiet afternoon with some Ale," he holds up his tankard, "Welcome back to Redwall Xavier my friend."   

Xavier sits down as well "It is good ta be back.I did miss the abbey, but while I was away I did learn a lot on what it is like to be a leader of a group. It's not as easy as my father made it seem."He chuckles"He also got a little taller than he was a couple seasons ago as well.

Benar asks, "Well Xavier," he smiled, "Should I stop calling you Xavier and call you Log-a-Log? I thought it was tradition that your old name was forgotten when you became Chief?"

Xavier tilts his head, a smile "Suppose tis best to say Log-alog now then, but some do not know and it is ok."He takles a sip of his ale "Some do know I am leader now of the GUOSIM."

Benar says, "Well Log-a-Log," he smiled, "I will happily call you by your true name my dear friend," he raises his tankard, "To the Log-a-Log"

Xavier smiles as he raises his mug and nods"Thank you my friend" He takes another sip "We could prehaps have the feast after de roof is fixed, de summer one. I heard was still trying to plan out a good date fer that"   

Benar says, "It would be nice to have the feast, we are still hangling over the date, things have been... hectic and we have all been busy"

Xavier nods"Well fixing de roof be imporant and what ever other duties de abbot has"   

Benar says, "Everything seems to take up more of my time these days, keeping the abbey running along, but new tiles on the roof so it doens't leak this winter are a priority"

Xavier says, "Yes and de GUOSIM will help you so it can be done in a good amont of time. Then we can have a Summer Feast.And then maybe help tend to the harvest prehaps"

Benar says, "Well only if youa re going to be around that long," Benar says, "DO not stay away from your river wandering just to help us"   

Xavier gives a nod "Well we will help with de roof issues, noit to worry. I shall head back...well guess in de morning and we can get started helping after the tribe arrives. A couple shrews will likely stay at the camp, to make sure all is well thar, likely take turns on who be at camp"   

The Abbot excuses himself to go check on some things,expecting the Log-a-log to not stay too long in the  wine cellar.

Some time later:

Xavier has been, well he was in the cellar and likely stayed a little too long saying how he be fine. He tasted Octoaler Ale for the first time and whoa, that stuff is good! Maybe a little too good as he drank too much and is in a bit of a laughing fit now, why its also likely a good thing he is staying the night, though the morning he may have the worse headache ever.   

Oz has been helping with chores, still trying to decide if he wants to be a novice or maybe help ring the bell, maybe tend to the bees and then he sees Xavier and raises an eyebrow.Unsure what to do he carefully walks closer "You...ok?"   

Xavier blinks and steps back as the badger comes into focus and grins "tis...ummm, oh yeah Ozzy...Oz, yeah."He seems to think on the question, "I be fineeeeeeeeeeeeee" A small giggle."Tis a good day." He decides to sit down,but in the large badger chair.   

Oz frowns"You don't look fine." He looks around as if for, well anyone and back to the shrew"Your in my mother's chair....."He staes quietly.   

Xavier sighs, he pouts a little "Tis soft...cozy..."He looks ready to fall asleep"You should try Ocotber ale, tis good good stuff....I'm sleeping now"Yeah a long nap,wake in the morning and totally regret likeing Ocotber ale so much.. Next time he will know to not drink so much of it, even if it is good.

Oz is finishing some sweeping and ever so often looks at a sleeping shrew in the Badger Mother's chair, he forwns and debates still if he should of just gotten someone or maybe it's best to let the shrew sleep.He finishes up sweeping the floor as he helps with chores now.

Benar returns from downstairs, the squirrel stops when he spots Xavier sleeping and gives orders to a couple of novices to move him out of Krisha's chair and put him to bed. He then moves toward Oz, "Hello young one, how are you?"   

Oz almost drops the broom and then sets the broom agaist the wall "I am fine sir, just finishing chores. I still don't know if I wanna be a novice or not and kind of a little too old for some of dibbun classes so I been helping out more"   

Benar says, "well it is always good to help out Oz, everyone here in Redwall helps each other and that is how the abbey works, without each other the abbey would fail. So thank you for your hard work"

Oz nods slowly, then asks "So is it...ok if I don't know what I wanna do....like I know what I..don't want to do just not...I wanna do"   
Benar moves to look at his planning table and then settles down in a chair, "There is no rush, you do not have to decide what you want to do right now Oz, you can live and enjoy life for a bit then decide. That is what I did"   

Oz sits down after a few morments "But it..it must of taken a while to become Abbot and thats likely a really hard job, or is it easy?" He shakes his head "And no..I would not wanna be abbot...maybe help ring the bells one day or help watch over the bess"He smiles "The bees like my singing, I been praciceing singing by the pond and on thw walltops"   

Benar says, "Well then Oz, if you want to get to know the bees better I can make arrangements for that so you can spend time with them. As for Abbot it took a long time yes and it is a hard job, like right now I am looking into how to fix the roof."

Oz eys widen at this "The roof?...buts thats like really high up, what if someone fell off?" He has that concern."Who is gonna help fix the roof?"

Benar says, "Well that is why I am making plans, we are going to build a scaffolding up the southern side of the building so we can reach the roof safely. Then we can replace the broken tiles"

Oz listens closely"But...mom said that the sparrows don't like anyone up thet high"Not that anyone really goes that high, it's rare. "Won't they get like real real mad at whoever?"   

Benar says, "I have already spoken to them, they want the holes in their nest-home fixed as much as we do not want winter weather leaking water into the house."

Oz says, "Oh yeah, that would make things wet and cold inside the abbey"

Benar nods "Yes, it would."

The next morning Log-alog indeed  does  have THE WORSE HEADACHE EVER!....So he waits till lunchtime to head back to the GUOSIM camp, the GUOSIM arrive at the  abbey the next day just in time for afternoon tea and scones....and no ale.

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

Board footer