Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-09 07:01:38 PM

Log-A-Log

Talks Help-Redwall Log(Also some of Dora's TP Log)

Who:

Xavier-Log-a-log

Lilymoore-Bellringer

Oz-Teen Badger

Krisha-Badger Mother

Log:

Xavier has been back at the abbey the past week, one he enjoys the food and also he has been catching up on past events he missed and just visiting friends.But he does plan to go back to the camp soon.Some of the shrews left for camp and a couple are staying at the abbey with thier Log-a-log.   

Krisha has been busy helping with varies chores in the orchards and tending to the dibbuns.Finally getting a break she has a cup of tea and heads to a chair to sit down a while while the dibbuns are with Sister Anna and Brother Rick.She notices Xavier and nods "Hello Xavier, enjoying your time back?"   

Xavier smiles "Mother Krisha...and ya I be fine, good in fact and I missed de abbey.Though I will be heading back to me camp soon,likely tomorrow. But I will still visit of course"

Krisha nods, a smile "It is good to see you, your taller now."She chuckles a little "Your have to viisit with Oz before you go, I remember you guys were freinds when younger"   

LilyMoore has been helping as usual the past week, but she has been very withdrawn, quiet, and troubled. Since she's usually happy and talkative with all, any quietness from her is immediately noticeable. She's been secluding herself as much as possible, and not answering anyone's inquiries of if she's alright. She now is walking from the kitchen with a basket, looking almost as if she's about to cry.   

Xavier nods,he spies Lilymoore and walks closer to her "Lass? Hello....why are ya on de verge of tears?"He looks at Krisha "Has something happen I missed?" He sounds concerned.   

Krisha frowns , she has noticed how the mouse maid been a lone a lot"I don't know, I have been unable to ask.I have been busy. I would think if it was too major she would say something"   

LilyMoore glances over, then shakes her head. "No..no one was mean..." Butterclaw the sparrow hops out of the kitchen now, carrying his own basket. Coming over to his friend's side, he gives her a hug with 1 wing.   

Xavier nods, he then speaks "Maybe talk of this, talking helps sometimes and yes sometimes it does not help."   

Krisha tilts her head "You sure your ok Lilymoore? Are you worried about your mother, I know she has avoided most beasts the past couple weeks and I am unsure why.I am curious has she spoken to you of anything thats of concern?"   

LilyMoore hesitates, but after a little chirp from the sparrow, they walk over to the others. "It's just...Momma has been having dreams, and she's decided to go visit Tuscani, her homeland, and the rest of my family is going with her, Nana and Uncle Emyuil, and they told me I can choose what I do, and I want to go, but I also don't want to leave my friends....and...." Tears start rolling down her cheeks. Butterclaw thinks for a moment, then chirps, "Butterclaw SparraWarrior gowith Lilyfriend whereever shego. Make bigswear, big promise."   

Xavier nods "Oh..where is this village at? I would just say be carefull in travels my friend and when you can, come back to the Abby. It seems important.."And he sees tears and frowns again"Oh please do not cry..."   

Krisha listens carefully and hmms"Has she spoken to Benar yet? This is something he would need to know."She then ads "As for the gastehouse, it would still be here for you as a home, that will not change.We may need to find a gate keeper or a Bell Ringer but we can worry on that later."   

Oz slips inside as it starts to rain a little,not too hard just a passing shower.He glaces around the room before coming the rest of the way inside.   

LilyMoore wipes away her tears. "I don't know if she's spoken to the Abbot about it. I just know I've been given a choice, and I don't like it."   

Xavier doesn't notice Oz just yet as he is focused on trying to help Lilymoore, if he casn.Also if he can he will offer a hug to help her feel better.   

Krisha sighs"Well, you and your family will be missed."Will offer a hug as well, letting the mouse maid decide if she wants one or not."But your always welcome at Redwall, please do remember that dear"   

Oz hears some of this and frowns,he stays by the fireplace as he speaks "Why would you leave the abbey?" He asks sounding confushed now."The abbey is nice, is..."A small bit of a whimper "Something bad happen?"   

LilyMoore allows the hugs (although she has to try really hard to keep from crying again). She glances at Oz. "No, nothing bad happened...I...my family is just going on a trip, is all." And her heart is suddenly at peace. Yes, she'll go with her family. Why would she choose anything else?   

Krisha blinks and then sees Oz and back to Lilymoore as she listens.

Oz frowns "But...where?" He starts to cross his arms and then uncrosses them and just seems unsure how to really react to this, like at all.So he just sits down in a chair and stays quiet.

LilyMoore frowns. She isn't fully sure how to react to this, either. "To the east, to Tuscani. It's where my Mom and her family are from. They want to visit." She decides to not mention the dreams DoraRose has been having about war there. No use scaring everyone.   

Krisha speaks "Visting one's homeland is always nice. And I am sure they will not be gone forever." Least she hopes not anyways as a lot could happen on the trip or in the homeland.A smile "We will ahve to plan the Summer feast for before you and your family head off Lilymoore"   

Oz looks hopeful "So they would, be back?" A small smile "Yeah you can't miss the Summer Feast, no one is allowed to miss that" He thinks as a thought comes to him"I could even ring the bells while she is away"   

"Yeah, I'm sure we'll be back." LilyMoore does hope so, anyway. "It'd be like a 'going away, see you soon' feast. And you'd be great at ringing the bells, Oz. I feel better knowing my job is in such good paws." She means it, too. He'd be a great Bellringer, in her opinion.

Krisha hmmms softly"We can speak to Benar on it soon. But lets not worry too much on it right now" She smiles "Yes a big feast"And she may bring up a good name for the feast to Benar later as well.   

Oz smiles "And i would be carefull.I am thinking of maybe being a novice but I am still learing self defense also."   

LilyMoore sits down. Butterclaw, who's been silent for a bit, pipes up. "Ozfriend can be like Lilyfriend. NotNovice, but good Redwaller. Then can fightstill, but begood." Lily smiles. "But if you want to be a Novice, you should be, Oz. That's a wonderful thing. And I'll try my hardest to be careful, don't worry."   

Krisha nods"What someone wants to be is up to them"   

Oz listens "I...am unsure. I will help with Bellringer stuff though still. But also I may..."He shrugs "Maybe...take up father's..."He frowns "Blade...."He is so unsure, be a warrior or not be one, part time maybe? He sighs as he thinks,he has a lot to think on.   

LilyMoore thinks for a moment. "Being a Warrior isn't for everyone," she says slowly. "It takes a certain kind of strong, angry heart to kill another beast. My momma is a good, kind creature, but she has the anger in her heart that lets her kill others. I don't think I have that. I've fought in battle before, and I am still horrified that I killed somebeast, even though I know if I hadn't, they would've killed me and helped conquer Redwall. I don't have the anger in my heart, and I'm not sure you do, either, Oz."   

Krisha is quiet,she then speaks "You don't have to take up his blade if you don't want to. It's not a requirement. You could pass it on to a furture son or daughter maybe.It can stay in a chest for safe keeping. Learning self defense is always good, to be safe.. " She is quiet and contuines"You just be, well you and ask what you want to do. You are novice age now, well a little past it but at the same time you dont have to be a novice either"   

Oz looks up slowly as his mother speaks and he is listening "I..I don't?" He looks at Lilymooore and a weak smile, at the idea of a furture kid he kind of makes a face some..him marry one day..for now thats a horrible thought. He listens still and then stands to go hug his mother,a long quiet before he speaks "I..I don't think warior is for me...no. I..I like to..."He smiles "Make songs and like music and yeah self defense is good so you dont worry if I am outside the abbey...but only outside if your ok with that and I would let you know where I was."He smiles "Maybe Dochas could even help with Bell Ringer stuff or...or something, I can even help with dibbunss some..maybe."He isnt really a dibbun anymore but also he isnt an adult just yet either.   

LilyMoore smiles and nods. "Yeah, you don't have to be a Novice if you don't want to. I'm not. My dad and my twin Caleb were the only members of my family who joined the Order. It's not a requirement." She listens to the rest of what he says and nods. "You have a wonderful voice, Oz. That's true."   

Krisha smiles,she kind of remembers the former Master healer as they did meet, well briefly."I know...Xander was a novice a short while but I am not sure he truely wanted to be one either."She looks at Oz "I have yet to heear you sing,maybe later on?"   

Oz shrugs, he has yet to truely sing in front of anyone.He has been on the walltops a couple times and by the pond too singing and playing a lyre he found in the attic.His voice is finally past that annoying cracking,so its deeper now than it was when he was younger.   

LilyMoore blinks. "You haven't sung for your mom yet, Oz? I'm sure she'd love to hear you."   

Krisha just smiles "Oz can sing when he is ready, hmmm maybe at the Summer Feast even, its not anytime too soon is my guess"   

Oz shurgs "Maybe..I can think on it."He wonders if Lilymoore or Dorarose maybe heard him least once, if so he was fine with it as maybe it even cheered them a little.   

LilyMoore has definitely heard him, but she decides to not say anything more about it. Instead, she stands. "I promised I'd get some herbs for the kitchen. They're probably worried where Butterclaw and I are."   

Krisha nods"Yes and I should go check on how Sister Anna and Brother Rick are doing with the dibbuns...see you two later then,at dinner" And she heads off.   

Oz watches her head off and looks at Lilymoore as he does remember she helped him a little with singing, he smiles at an idea "Maybe I can practice some tonight and cheer up Dorarose...or would that be a bad idea? She seems like she always wants to be alone on the walltops."   

LilyMoore smiles. "I think that's a lovely idea. How about you come help me and Butterclaw pick herbs, and then we can find Mom together and you can sing for her? I'm sure she'd love to hear you." The Bellringer heads outside with the sparrow and, if he wants to, the badger. And later, whenever DoraRose does hear him, she is delighted.   

Oz smiles and goes to help out and yes he does sing for Dorarose and Lilymoore both later that night before heading off to bed for the night.

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

Board footer