Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-25 08:44:07 PM

Log-A-Log

A Couple New Privates-LP LOG

WHO:

Elbio-Lt,Fighter in the LP and Redwall Residenal Hare

Ciocan-Badger Lord

Ciana-Private and Fighter in the LP

LOG:

Ciana was just getting done with her test and bowed,then gave a salute to the hare she was fencing with. The other hare nodded and spoke a few words to her and pointed to a chair for her to sit in.

Elbio stayed by the entry to the room watching Ciana and two others that were here as well, all three taking their final tests to see what they have learned and if they had what it took to be a private.

Ciocan came in,at his side was Major Koda of the Home Guard.The badger read over the reports on the three privates and then finally cleared his throat.”Step forward please.”

Ciana did as she was told and saluted the badger, she was a little nervous but managed to not show it. The 2nd hare was a lot nervous and the 3nd just seemed ready to do whatever was needed.

Elibo watched and smiled a little.He remembered his training, though it was a bit different but he still had to have a test once he was at the mountain.A test to prove he was indeed a good fit for a recruit and little did he know but a good fit to be an Ensign and have  training to be a Lt.

Ciocan looked over the three recruits.”I have read the reports and you all have done your best. Two of you have passed and one of you need some more training before you can be a Private in the Patrol”

Elbio watched silently and listened as the Badger Lord spoke,he watched his daughter and the other two recruits' reactions.

Ciana frowned and looked worried but took a deep breath and calmed herself. The other two were also worried,one looking near ready to faint.

Ciocan spoke  as he walked forward and handed a hare a pin that showed the rank of a Private “Congrats Private Peak and welcome to the Patrol rank of Runner.” He went to shake the new Privates Paw. He then walked to the next '' I am sorry, Recruit Broogo…you need more training, but I have faith in you and hope to see you for the autumn. “ And then he stopped in front of Ciana,a paw shake and a Private pin”Congrats Private Ciana, a fighter..those are always  needed.”

Elbio smiled but stayed by the doorway for now.

Peak grins  and saluted Ciocan and shaked his paw, “T..Thank you..s..s..sur” Broogo sighed but nodded,a salute “Yes sur..I won’t let ya down”

Ciana gasped and then went to hug Ciocan,she quickly backed up a little,a smile and a salute “Thank you..sur!”

Ciocan chuckled and returned the hug,he looked up to see Elbio and smiled , a nod to the other two hares “Dismissed….Hello Elbio. Your daughter is now a Private.”

Elbio watched the other two hares head out as he walked over to Ciocan “I saw sur and I am proud of her.I am glad I got to watch this before I headed off with Lossow and the others”

Ciana frowned and then hugged Elbio”Promise me your be careful dad, please.I..I can’t lose you like I did my birth parents.”

Ciocan lets them talk as he heads off with Koda to let Terrence and Varus know they have a couple new Privates in the patrol unit.

Elbio hugs his daughter, a sigh “I will do me best to be careful honey, I can't promise I will always be ok. One thing about life in de  Long Patrol is, ya never know when you may be in a life or death situation..I may end up needing to fight one day , you never know. I trust you will be careful as well and will do your best as a Private, and listen to your commanding officers, as well as his Lordship.I will miss you and I know you will miss me but thar is always letters back and forth and if you have any letters for your friends at the abbey I can take them there for you. But I am unsure when I will be heading off so write the letters tonight and give them to me at lunch tomorrow.I do know it won’t be before that.”

Ciana nods “Alright dad”She smiles “I will be the best Private ever, your see. Maybe I will get a rank above Private some day, but not any time too soon”She looks back and forth and whispers “It would mean more paperwork”

Elbio chuckles at this and smiles,”Come on, let’s get a snack from the kitchens.I think they still have some cherry scones and some nice herbal tea” He leads his daughter off for a snack and the two talk a while till it's time to go to bed.

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

Board footer