Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-29 01:39:12 PM

Log-A-Log

Still A Long Road To Recovery-LP LOG

* Ok so Radio didn't get this but I did record it on my client. *

WHO:

Elbio- Lt and figher for the LP, Soon to be LP Resident Redwall Hare again

Velm-Captain and Chief Healer in Home Guard for LP

LOG:

Velm walked into the infirm and glanced over at the hare in front of him "Well...Elbio, it is good to see you again. I am glad to see you can stand and glad.." a slight chuckle "I was wrong to think you would never have hope to walk again."

Elbio smiled as he sat in the wheeled chair "I had help, an otter named Nala who made me stand, first with help, and then  I managed to stand like a couple of minutes without help. And..I don't know I started having pain in my back again and tingling in my legs, like when an arm or paw goes to sleep and then starts to be useable again. So Nala said to try and move a toe, and..well after a month I could, she would help me stand and feeling in my legs  came back slowly."

Velm nods and proceeds to do a check-up" That is excellent news Elbio, so walking, can you do that well yet or.."

Elbio hmms"A few steps, with help maybe more or sort of limp. Let's just say I did a lot more steps than would have liked on the way here from post 23. Though one Private did carry me for a short while."

Velm nods as he checks on the pulse and stuff, a smile "Well your healthy, that's good. Ok, a goal is to help you get strength to get to Redwall again. But thar will be a LOT and I mean a LOT of physical therapy to deal with in the recovery room, maybe some in the training room too. It is still possible at times your need a walking staff if up on your  feet a lot."

Elbio folds his paws in his lap "I am fine with that, I want to be able to not worry about this wheeled chair, to be able to walk, no help..into the abbey. My time will mainly be at the abbey, I don't see myself walking to and from the mountain, I can send a bird as a messenger or  maybe someone from the LP post in Mossflower that is planned to be fixed up so thar is LP in Mossflower as a just in case of trouble."

Velm listens, nods "That would be good, Mossflower isn't always peaceful, trouble usually shows up one way or another."He folds his arms over his chest "So has a letter been sent to the abbey of you returning soonish?"

Elibo shakes his head "No, and it will be hopefully Summer to head thar. I kind of want to surprise them"He smiles "His Lordship said I  should have no issues being the Redwall LP Resident hare still. I have missed the abbey and I know Ciana has as well." He smiles at a thought "But I think she may stay here, become a Private, or maybe she could be at the post in Mossflower, I am not sure who is in charge of that"

Velm nods in reply "Any idea wot she wants to do?"

Elbio hmms"Healer maybe, or fighter. I am unsure, she learned some healing from Nala and knows basic first aid from the LP recruit training from before. "

Velm replies "Maybe his Lordship or one of the other leaders can talk with her, if she has already had some recruit training it may not take too long to get to Private. She would learn to use a spear, sling, and longbow. See if she can use a weapon good or not, some paw to paw also. course some healing and some runner training as well. Getting use to long walks...its a lot"

Elbio smirks "I remember, I went through the same training and some extra traveling with Monty and Adrian, I became a Private right before coming to the mountain."

Velm sits down before replying "I heard some about that. I had some catching up ta do from where I was away a few seasons" He frowns remembering that day and the seasons following it.

Elbio changes the subject "So...the other day. You gonna be a dad, that's exciting right?"

Velm blinked and grins "Yeah, it is but won't be till autumn it's born. Donica may have to take time off when she is close to giving birth."

Elbio nods "Yeah probably." He smiles some "I don't see me ever getting married. I am fine as a loner and sides..Ciana  might have a long chat with me if I ever did"

Velm shrugs "Maybe, maybe not.Ya never know she may think it's nice to get a mom someday. Also, ya can't always go saying...naaa I won't start no family, it just sort of happens sometimes"

Elbio rolls his eyes"Yeah yeah. For now, I just want to get to be able to walk well again, fight better again, ya know that sort of stuff. Then get back to Redwall"

Velm nods "And ya will don't worry. I and my healers will help the best we can. Some things in your recovery may be hard and some easy. You have to work hard even when it's painful"

Elbio gives a short nod"I know and I plan to"

Velm smiles "Good cause we start your recovery...right now."

For the next couple of hours, Elbio has therapy and special recovery training and strength exercises. He does this 3 or 4 times a week, twice a day, and sessions usually last 2-3 hours. He also does some stuff on his own.

Slowly he gets stronger, and slowly he can walk further without help. If all goes well he will be a lot better come summer, but it will be a long road to that recovery.

But he is ready

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

Board footer