Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-03-24 12:57:26 PM

Leon

A Deal is made-Treehouse Takeover Log

Who:

Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

Benar-Abbot of Redwall

Elmef-Mouse Brother in the order

Teku-Member of the Gawtribe

Spoofs of abbey novices, couple order beasts, and of course Gawtribe squirrels!

LOG:

Micco is out of the infirmary, he has a sprang wrist that is healing up and still a little bit of a black eye. He looks carefully around the large room and makes his way over to the fireplace sitting down in front of it on the floor.A couple of novices stare at the odd squirrel since he is, well dressed oddly as after all he is Gawtribe and the chieftain at that.

Benar is crossing the hall from the library, he slows when he spots the Gawtribe chieftain and makes his way toward him. Benar is in his habit and his thick grey tail is swaying behind him. "So you would be Micco, the squirrel who started a fight inside my abbey."   

Micco quickly stands and spins around, he gets into a stance as if expecting to get attacked as he watches Benar."Fight....yes I fight, warrior squirrel most annoying, very annoying..try to pound down door to tree home"   

Benar says, "Well I am Abbot Benar," he said softly, "And if you attack me I will have you and your tribe is thrown into the snow on the other side of our gates and you can fend for yourself in the forest." he folds his arms inside his sleeves and stares over his glasses at the squirrel chieftain, "Now you really should leave the tree-house, it is not a tree-home or yours to occupy."

Micco doesn't make a move to attack but he is a little jumpy as if expecting the abbot to attack.."You...not attack me either....ok?"He stays in a defense pose for the time being as he does seem to listen to the words."Has home in it and Micco likes it."   

Benar moves to his chair and settles down, "It is not yours to move into, I don't think you will care to try and stay Micco, it belongs to the dibbuns and the children of the abbey are not to be trifled with." he tilts his head, considering the odd chieftain, "We are more then happy to hist you inside the abbey or build you something in another tree in the orchards or even in the woods."   

Micco finally relaxes some and straightens up"Would build...in woods?" He sounds surprised at this,a slight frown "Had found tree...old and hollowed out, slightly bent and was good...but then crashed in storm"   

Benar says, "Well of course," the squirrel said softly, "We here in Redwall are always willing to help others in need, I am sure the Gawtribe do not want to live inside the redwalls. We would be happy to help build something for you in another tree"

Micco stood still a moment before replying "Use to..woods,,woods long time now. But have traveled off...and on finding new home to make."He frowns "The one...squirrel said..said my Uncle was here before, is true?   

Benar asks, "What was your Uncle's name?" the squirrel asked softly, "I may have met him, I have lived here for a very long time."   

Micco speaks "Anomen..."He says quietly.   

Benar says, "Ah yes, I met them once or twice," he nods, "It was a long time ago now, but he was a proper squirrel, polite, kind and did not squat uninvited in the children's green house."

Micco frowns and remained silent a good 5 minutes before he spoke again"Gawtribe...."He stops as if thinking and rethinking an outcome,his tail swaying some, and "Gawtribe will...leave treehome by sundown time today."He says quietly and adds "Waanta us leave....abbey place too?"   

Benar smiles, "That is a wise decision, trust me you do not want our little ones coming for you. But no you do not need to leave Abbey place," he considered, "Now I am sure you do not want to move inside here with us... but we have tents... we could set you up with a temporary camp near the fire-pit? You will have plenty of trees around the orchard and place to stay until we can help build something more permanent for you in the woods?"   

Micco has seen tents before from both vermin and woodlander camps they...well raided sometimes for supplies. He thinks on the words and nods,a sort of bow to the abbot "I...Micco chieftain of Gawtribe thank you..and accpet offer you give"   

Benar smiles and holds out a hand as he stands up, "Well then Micco... let's go get this set up," he picked up a bell and rang it and several novices appeared, "Jones, I need the tents from storage, the thick winter ones, Roberta tell the kitchen we need a samovar of tea. Helena get Elder Elmef and tell him we will have guests staying in the orchard for now."   

Micco looks at the paw, oh yeah his father had mentioned this before..shaking paws to finish a deal.It was clear the young chiftain was still unuse to ways of most other beasts.He then smiles and shakes the abbot's paw, likely the first time the young squirrel has smiled in a long while.   

Benar says, "Well that was easier then I was expecting," Benar smiled as the novices jumped to carry out the abbot's orders, racing this way and that. Benar beckons Micco to follow and heads toward the doors, "So lets get you all set up"

Micco folllows the abbot now on out the doorway.The slight cold gets to him a little as he would normally have a sleeveless cloak on but it's likely in the treehouse .

Soon enough various abbey beasts are bringing tents down to the fire-pit. A roaring bonfire is going and they are setting up tents on the ground and up in the branches under Elmef's direction. The field-mouse is leading the way as Benar watches, "You and your tribe can stay with us as long as they want Micco, you are welcome to join us for dinner in Cavern Hole as well. Or we can send you food so you can cook it yourself in the fire-pot."   

Micco looks around and nods "This is..nice, yes nice and Gawtribe can stay for a little time ad then find home in woods close by."   
Benar says, "We can help you find a home in the woods nearby, but... if you find the secret Badger Home of Brockhall, just... don't think about it."

Micco nods "Not need no badger home..maybe find couple nice..elms may be or something."   

Benar says, "I know a very nice set of elms," he smiles, "I am a squirrel too... I know all the trees nearby. These ones are by the river near where I get clay"

Micco tilts his head "Clay...by the river?" Ok this is new to him,"Why get this..clay for?"   

Benar looks around and walks over to one of the fire-pots kept near the fire, it is a large clay device used for cooking in. He wraps on it, "I made this out of clay, we take it, thick wet mud and bake it into solid tools"   

Micco nods,he smiles "Gawtribe makes..tools, we know how to make bows and arrows from wood and use stones for aome things"He shrugs "Or just...find things"He adds the last bit quietly.   

Benar asks, "Well whilst you are here in the abbey we will do what we can to help you all," he smiled, "We can be friends here no?"

Micco listens "Friends?" He again thinks on this a while "Friends be..nice to have, have no friends just tribe..many not like Gawtribe as ither avoid Gawtribe or attck Gawtribe"   

Teku makes her way to the firepit and slows a little seeing what all is going on, a couple other squirrels with her.

Micco is by the abbot chatting and getting along and there is a crowd of novices and a couple order beats here setting up tents it seems.

Teku carefully gets closer as she is curious now "What....happens here?" The area was not this busy yesterday and now it suddenly is.The other two squirrels with her shrug.   

Benar nods to Micco, "Well I should leave you to convince your tribe they can live here instead of the dibbuns tree. And there will be plenty of food as well whilst you are our guests."   

Micco smiles at this, seeing Teku he goes over to her."Telll all Gawtribe we be here...for now, and the abbey help us later on finding good tree home in woods.Tree home in orchards are...dibbuns tree home not ours."   

Teku frowns as she takes a brif look around the firepit at tents and such,a sigh and a huff"Fine...weum....come here."She shoos off the two that came with her to tell all of the rest to meet here at the firepit.   

Elmef is erecting some of the tents up in the trees, creating dreys out of branches and cloth so not everyone has to live in a tent on the ground.

Benar meanwhile walks over, "Hello again Teku, as promised Micco is safe and sound."   

Micco nods "Abbey beasts be...friendly sort yes...and led by fellow squirrel" His wrist is still recovering from a sprang but other than that and a healing black eye, the chieftain is fine and right now in a good mood.   

Benar says, "Of course the abbey is run by a squirrel," he brushed a paw through his thick tail, "Squirrels are awesome"

Teku ears at first go back and then perk up,she looks at the abbot"You helped Chieftain...you spoke true so...thank you"She says and a small smile.,a small giggle as squirrels are indeed awsome.   

Micco grins and checks out some of the tents and a quick look at one in the nearby tree.His tail twitches as he looks at something and climbs back down the tree as the rest of the Gawtribe, 10 in total counting him and Teku, arrive at the firepit. Its not like they had much with them, though the treehouse may need a bit of cleaning inside it now from scraps of paper and food left there and some honey on the ladder.Also some leaves are in the treehouse too.   

Benar says, "Well I will leave you to settle in," the squirrel said, "I will see you soon and look fdorward to seeing how you all settle in. Maybe we can sit around the tree soon and swap squirrel stories," he nods to Teku, "I am the Abbot of Redwall Abbey, I always speak true," he bowed to her then started back toward the building"

Teku looks around,as does others "Hmmm...nicer than one tree"   

Micco nods "Yes niice...we stay a little while, but soon go back to woods,maybe if stay friends with abbey folks....we helpum them sometime since they helpum us."   

Teku shrugs, a pout "What of one warrior squirrel, notta like him" One other squirrel makes a suggestion "We...hee heee...tie em up, drop in pond?".."Maybe make um eat worms" Others chuckle at the ideas.

Micco paces a little,he then stops and speaks "We...leaveum be...no harm,no kill...warrior could of left Micco to die"Not like he would of died but who knows "He help Micco...he no kill Micco, he let Micco live so...we let um live too, okie kay?"   

Teku sighs, where was the fun in that "Ok....we let um live."She seems unhappy at the idea but listens to the chieftain."What do now?"   

Micco looks around, after the novice and couple order beasts leave he nods "We..."He looks around andyawns "We nap.."And they all seem to agree , best idea ever.   

Teku nods , yes naps are the best, truely the best idea ever!

Last edited by Leon (2022-03-24 12:59:11 PM)

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

Board footer