Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-03-01 10:13:36 AM

Sassafrass

Greetings and Salutations!

Hello! I'm new to Redwall MUCK and have just created a character in the game! I poked around the wiki and made a fox who might fit into Ferravale, but I'm up for playing pretty much anything.

I read the books as a kid and young adult many years ago, and the characters and stories and places have stayed with me very powerfully ever since then. I'm re-reading a bunch of them now and they still have such a unique magic to them which it's amazingly fun to revisit. Are there any opportunies for sparrows in the MUCK? One of my all-time favourite things in any of the books was the hidden world of the Sparra up in the heights of the abbey. I can think of a lot of different characters that might be fun to play, though, depending on what kinds of stories are going on!

Anyway, enough rambling! I hope to catch some people in the game in the week ahead smile When is everyone usually around?

#2 2022-03-01 11:30:10 PM

Ol'random
Website

Re: Greetings and Salutations!

Hello! Welcome!

On the MUCK itself, I mostly play the characters John MacGarran (a squirrel who hangs around Mossflower), Terrence Cadwallader (a hare in the Long Patrol), with Walter Lossow (another less serious hare in the LP), Spruce (a young squirrel living at Redwall), and Atticus (a ferret who travels a lot tbh) being more side characters.
I read the books back in 2011 (when I was around 11/12), and joined MUCK in 2012, starting out with my character John who was a teenager at the time. The three books of the series that I've really revisited more than once is the og book Redwall, the Bellmaker, and Rakkety Tam smile

The most consistent time/day that people are online is Saturday after 2pm EST/7pm GMT - I've been trying to get consistent RP outside of Saturdays as well, but that's a little more tricky. I tend to be online during weeknights (around 7-11pm EST (5-9pm my time) especially on Mondays and Wednesdays) to RP with whoever is there, but it's harder to catch people online during the week at least with my luck tongue

Concerning sparrows, they used to be more active back in the day but are currently run by the forum user Oz, though sadly I think they have the only active character in the Sparra. However, I'm certain everyone would be glad for that to change! (On the muck you'll have to go up to the third floor of Redwall and find the attic, then climb your way up to the sparra loft from there if you want to explore it)

If you ever want to play a hare, the Long Patrol is pretty active! You can check out their main page on the wiki site here: https://www.rwmuck.org/wiki/The_Long_Patrol Joining the Patrol is obviously the major thing to check out if you want to, well, join, though everything is worth checking out. Its basically just me maintaining the LP pages so there is a few things are outdated/incomplete, but otherwise I hope the info is helpful!

Now if you want to look into the In Character history of the MUCK, I'd suggest checking out the various lore pages on the wiki (found here: https://www.rwmuck.org/wiki/Category:Lore), with the Tiny Plot page in particular listing most of the major plot lines that have taken place on the MUCK over the years. 
The Geography category is also pretty good to help familiarize oneself with the in-game/in-character geography of the MUCK itself: https://www.rwmuck.org/wiki/Category:Geography
Kinda like the LP pages, the Wiki in general is pretty much only maintained by myself and Aeysin, but hopefully its easy enough to navigate (honestly the search bar'll be your friend if you wanna find info on something; i have to use it pretty much all the time when looking for info xD)

An interesting page to explore is the List of Graves at Redwall (https://www.rwmuck.org/wiki/List_of_Gra … wall_Abbey), which is copied for ease of reference from the current in-game Abbey Graveyard that you can explore online if you want! Personally I would argue its one of the best examples of the collaborative, in-universe story telling the MUCK can offer

And if you really really want to go jump in the deep end and consume the history of the MUCK in-character by reading through hundreds of journal entries, I recently compiled every single entry by every in-game recorder that I could find on a single page and in chronological order. There's some in character commentary written from the point of view of my character Spruce, who in-game compiled it all. I will warn you it's loooong and often boring! But it goes all the back to 2003!! and it's a pretty good record of what was happen from season to season, year to year (.......when there actually was a recorder....).
Anyway, here's that: https://www.rwmuck.org/wiki/The_Abbey_Records

I hope to RP with you soon and forgive my own rambling, rip

Edit: also, probably the most useful page on the wiki for In-Game commands is this: https://www.rwmuck.org/wiki/Ajax%27s_Useful_Reminders
I have it bookmarked tongue

Last edited by Ol'random (2022-03-02 04:11:45 PM)

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#3 2022-03-02 03:19:57 PM

Sassafrass

Wow, thank you for all the links -- those have been very helpful and are a really cool look into the history of the MUCK. I've waded through a bunch of different categories and links this morning, but there's obviously a lot more deep diving to be had.

As for RP timing, Saturday afternoons aren't terrible for me -- I'm around some of them and gone others, but it's definitely not unworkable. I'm on CST myself, so US evenings are actually good for me when I have time on my hands.

The other starter character I'd been thinking about was a squirrel, so maybe I'll make her and trot her over to Redwall soon. If sparrows are welcome I will almost certainly think up something concrete for that too! Long Patrol RP also sounds pretty cool from the wiki, but I need to get to the books where I can refresh my LP/Salamandastron memory first xD I can definitely think of a lot of character concepts that could be interesting to play, so it'll be fun to try out some different things and see what sticks.

In any case, I'm really looking forward to exploring and meeting people smile

#4 2022-03-02 04:21:02 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Hey, there!  I actually run Blisa, the Chieftain of Ferravale.  I'm going to be trying to get more RP happening in FV here in the next few months.  Your fox is welcome to live in FV as long as they're not hardcore evil; you're more than welcome to just hop in on RPs with them, or if you have a specific job for them in mind, feel free to page #mail Oz Blisa=(your message here)

Sparrows are great!  You're welcome to have a sparrow char if you'd like smile 

I am a very busy college student, but I do try to come on consistently on Saturday afternoons and evenings.  I'm on Central Time, too, so that's fun smile  I try to aim for 2 PM my time, but often I'm late because of homework (and my mental illness, let's be honest).  I try to say when I won't be here on my forums post about it, here: http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=1633 I look forward to RPing with you, and I hope you have a wonderful time with us! big_smile

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2022-03-02 04:21:41 PM)

#5 2022-03-03 08:29:28 AM

oz

Hello
The sparrow queen is Chestut. I also play Brother Govrnalus the abbey recorder. I am normally on most days, this week I have been busy but should be on someti e today smile.

The LP does need hares and yeah Ferravale also needs roleplay.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#6 2022-03-03 01:53:28 PM

Sassafrass

Thank you all for being so welcoming!

My fox is definitely not hardcore evil, though possibly on occasion a little ethically unsound (she is vermin, after all xD). She's supposed to have a brother who is a slaver, who accused her of traitorously conspiring against him with the slaves and consequently expelled her from the band, in a notably disagreeable manner. She has very good healing skills so she could be a healer if Ferravale needs one, along with maybe running an herbalist and alchemy shop, with remedies and potions and charms and other items of variable reliability. I am however open to suggestion smile

#7 2022-03-03 02:30:41 PM

oz

Healers are always welcome

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#8 2022-03-05 10:52:36 AM

Proud LP

Hello!
I play Velm the chief healer  in the LP.

Hares are needed, mainly runners and fighters.

Ferravale needs members also.

It looks like  others gave a lot of good information for you to look at.

I am :
Velm-Captain and Chief Healer at Salamandstron
Jaison-Soon to be Master Healer at Redwall
Kage-Healer,Posion,Asssassin, Evil

Board footer