Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-02-21 01:44:59 AM

Ol'random
Website

John & Zolomon almost meet again... a SitS addendum - 12/1/21

A bit of an explanation for this one and how late it is: this RP'd on the 1st of December, 2021 - both Zolomon's player and myself had to go mid-scene and had meant to finish it later. Due to the business of the holidays and what happened with Zolomon, that clearly didn't happen. Plus it was recently referenced in RP, so here's a pretty short log with exactly 1 line of dialogue!

John, a squirrel, & Zolomon, a hare

It had been a couple weeks maybe, perhaps 3 weeks. The hare had lost count and having a fever part of that time didn't help either. He still had his new hooded cloak, a sort of brownish green with a couple leather straps on it. He had a quiver of arrows he had made, tipped with gull feathers. Fingerless glove on one paw, and his one ear a bit torn and shredded at the tip. He sniffed and  looked around, about 10 dead gulls, seemed he been busy with  moving targets. He now sat outside a small cave.

The original intuition was to start heading back east - after vacating the town the squirrel certainly didn't wish to stick around the seashore, not with the snake and those beasts who seem so convinced he betrayed them. No... And yet he hadn't left the sand yet. He'd come across some perplexing signs matching those he had seen around the dead rats and hare, before the rest of that patrol trampled and confused any tracks he'd missed. But these were clear enough above the tide line - at least a week old of course, but it was still worth checking out. John had nearly lost them at the river mouth and spent a few days searching the bank - but he found an arrow. From there he headed north being careful to stick to cover and move in the early morning and evening so as to be harder to spot.

So now there he was, some hundred paces down, watching. The seagulls being plucked from the sky had been a give-away that SOME beast was there, but he couldn't quite make out who at the distance.

Zolomon had yet to see the squirrel, he was busy finishing up with some arrows he had made. He stood slowly and stumbled slightly with a grumbled cuss under his breath. Unseen his leg was bandaged,not the best bandage but bandaged none the less and he seemed to be debating on weather he wanted to... roast a sea gull over a fire or not.

The mass of feathers in the dying light had certainly caused John's eyebrows to raise. Seemed a bit excessive for food... Taking a minute or so to set a bolt in his crossbow and carefully load it, he lays down on the sand. Slowly creeping forward inch by inch, the squirrel make his way towards the dead gulls until he's at least twenty yards away. And he continues to watch.

Zolomon catches some slight movement and is suddenly on alert as he scans the area, in the dark. It could be shadows playing tricks on him but he is unsure. "Who be thar... show ya self" He says, in a cold voice. He was skilled, he was not too worried and had become a bit,  well insane some say.

John stills when the voice rings out. His good ear twitches - he had heard that accent somewhere before. Rabbits? In the fading light the grey cloak about the squirrel blends in with the shadows around.

There's no answer to Zolomon's challenge.

Last edited by Ol'random (2022-02-21 01:52:05 AM)

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

Board footer