Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-19 01:28:04 PM

Mother Krisha

Zolomon is Found:Part 1

*i asked if could post this and got permission to *

WHO:

Zolom-Rouge

Donica-Private/Healer of LP

Rhonwen-Private/Fighter of LP

Felicity-Sargeant/Runner of LP

Ciocan-Badger Lord

Couple Spoofed Privates of the LP

LOG:

News from Rufus informed the Patrol on where to look for Zolomon, a couple weeks had passed since the whole snake on the shore event, some rest and recovery happen during those two weeks. Some hares still were recovering, some just wanted to stay home, a small group was chosen by Ciocan, who himself joined in on the mission to locate Zolomon and deal with him.

The group split into  2 smaller groups to better scan the area, both groups alert for danger or possible surprises.

Donica looked around the  area and sighs"He could have left the area, one never knows."

Rhonwen shrugs"Let's see...if I wanted to hide where would I bally well go....."She then spots the cave.."A cave maybe?"

Ciocan steps forwards, a frown "I think this area use to belong to the  Seatide Otter  Holt. Be careful, if Zolomon is here he has skills the same as you, perhaps more skills as he was a Sargeant."

The small cave in question has seen better days, and was used by the otter holt, but not very often. They had, in fact, started to fix it up to use as possible storage but a couple support beams were cut into with some sort of blade. There was a faint light towards the back of the cave. A couple of small caves and half-broken huts were seen a little up shore.

Zolomon was inside by a firepit in the back, half asleep at the moment. He had not gotten much sleep lately as injuries the past few weeks, and some recent ones, didn't heal very well/One on his leg kept ripping open and then healing badly, and infection set in, causing a fever that went up and down. The hare had some stolen supplies from passing beasts, his food has mainly been fish, maybe a seagull a couple of times, even seaweed.

Donia adjusts her healer pouch and nods."Of course sur,always good to be careful."

Rhonwen peeked inside once they got up to the cave entry and slipped in just a small bit when she walked right into some thick webbing and screamed when something landed on her face. "Spider! Get it off, get it off!"

Ciocan laid a paw on his war hammer and then sighed, just a spider but the screaming was not wise."Private...." He spoke,"  Quietness is needed on a mission like this."

And as if to prove a  point a gasp, and moments later an arrow is fired from the back of the cave! "Leave now or someone dies!"

Donia quickly gets out her sling and selects a smooth rock, ready to fight.

Rhonwen eeps as an arrow brushes past her ear."Too...close"

Ciocan narrows his eyes and speaks "Zolomon, drop your weapons and step out of the cave.If you  contuine to attck..I will have no other choice than to stop you, permanently."

Zolomon steps closer and fires off an arrow"Shut up!"

Donica let loose the stone from her sling.

Rhonwen frowned and watched the hare, she quickly went to get her dirk and cussed out loud, it was a bit stuck.

Ciocan moved in front of the hare mad, using his arm to block. The arrow hit the edge of the padding and chainmail on his arm but does manage to sink into the skin a little causing only a small oozing of blood. The badger's eyes narrow as anger starts to set in"Zolomon..it is unwise to continue the course of action you are taking'

Zolomon backs up glaring at the group, he was out of arrows but he could still fight with a saber, a stolen one as it was Slaw's but he could care less."I hate all of you! and wot...threats? I could care...less."   

Donica frowns, she backs up a little now still having her sling out and waiting on what to do next since it seems they found him, no question on that.   

Ciocan growls now. he steps closer to the hare, it's not wise to anger the badger as he pulls the arrow out of his arm and tosses the arrow aside."Not theats"

Rhonwen stays still where she is "Sur?....wot do we do now?" She rather not stay in this cave, who knows what else is in this place maybe hidden in the shadows, waiting on them.   

Felicity has been scouting out the backside of this place with a pair of Privates, searching for back entrances and such. Only now are they rejoining the main group. Having missed what has happened before, the Sergeant makes a quick guess and steps in quickly. "M'Lord, may I, please?" She steps up beside the badger, trying to place a restraining paw on his arm. She then smiles at Zolomon. She, too, has a sabre, her uncle Flint's that she's been training with. She's not a fool, but she also believes that violence isn't always the answer. "Zolomon...my friend. I won't fight you. I jus' want t'talk."   

Zolomon snorts"Talk?..friend?" He chuckles dryly"I have no friends Sargeant." He keeps a close eye on the badger and the others. He isn't putting as much weight on his right foot paw it seems."Talk of wot...hmmm?"   

Donica frowns more, she glances at where Ciocan was hit, well least it's not somewhere vital but for now, she isn't too close to him, just in case a fight starts with Zolomon."Is talking wise?"   

Ciocan grips his war hammer and starts to slide it free of its place on his belt, when Felicity touches his arm he looks back to her, right now he is barely controlling a building rage for Zolomon, he then calms a little as he speaks"Felicity,what do you plan to do?This could turn into a dangerous situation quickly"   

Rhonwen decides to make sure no friends are around to help Zolomon so she decides to keep watch near the entrance of the cave, better safe than sorry after all.   

Felicity doesn't actually have much of a plan. She's just hoping something good might come out of talking instead of fighting. She lets her hurt show. "I've always been y'friend, Zol'mon. Don't y'remembah any o' tha'? I've done nothin' but show y'kindness an' suppoht. 'Ave y'fo'gotten tha'?" She is watching Zolomon, ready for any sudden moves, but hoping he doesn't do anything drastic.   

Zolomon keeps a hold of his saber and looks from Felicity to the badger lord and to the others."Your...tricking me, tis a lie...no one cares,no one cares at all! "He shakes his head"No one listened, no one looked fer me fer...anything good, ya let that..."Oh he hates the name.."Terrence get arrows fired at me,..."   

Donica decides to check the arrow wound Ciocan has,she listens to the exchange of words as she is careful.She will also bandage the wound after she applies some herbs to prevent any swelling or infection.   

Ciocan takes a deep breath, managing to calm a little but he is still very alert.He starts to move his arm from the healer and then lets her tend to it. The wound is not very deep at all, no stitches will be needed. It seems most of the arrow was stopped by the chain mail,a couple links of chain mail are a little bent. A slight bit of oozing blood, he should be fine in a few days.   

Felicity shakes her head, shifting slightly to get out of Donica's way. "No, I tried t'stop Terrence. 'E jus' didn't listen t'me. I've always cared 'bout you. Y'm'friend, an' I nevah wanted anythin' bad t' 'appen t'you." She keeps a watchful gaze on him, but she also keeps her word and does nothing to make it look like she'll attack.   

Zolomon looks like he is listening, somewhat. As the name is said he narrows his eyes, "Terrence...I HATE that hare,he needs ta die. He made ya like him....you and him, then wot new..ha ha ha...everyone leaves...or dies."He frowns some now as if debating on listening more or not,he tilts his head"Leaving, ya all leave now buye bye"   

Donica speaks to Ciocan,"It's not too bad...."She speaks of the arrow wound and glances over at Zolomon unsure what to do and hoping nothing else happens.   

Ciocan nods to Donica and looks over at Zolomon."You have a choice..surrender and come along peacefully or..."Well, the hare should know what the other choice would be.   

Felicity blinks back tears. How could her friend have deteriorated like this? But she refuses to give up on him. "No, Zol'mon, please..." she pauses as the badger speaks, then quickly adds, "Zolomon, please surrendah. 'Twill go bettah foh you. I don't want t'see y' 'urt...y'my friend. I care 'bout y', even though y'can't see it right now. Please, jus' come wi' us, peaceably."   

Zolomon his half an ear flattens as he glares at them all."Care? How....and already hurt..."He looks at the firepit, the doorway, and the small opening in the back, barely wide enough for a hare to squeeze though but he could...maybe.He scans the room and again looks at the others."Better?" He sounds uneasy   

Donica puts her sling away and paws up to show she won't attack if he gives up now. This could go smoothly and she hopes and prays it does, so far no one has been...well seriously injured.   

Ciocan keeps focused on Zolomon, he lets his paw off his war hammer, letting it rest again but a paw stays close to it."If you choose to surrender,no one will harm you. But if you choose unwisely...I can't keep that promise."    Dec 18, 2021 at 11:01 p.m.

Felicity smiles and takes half a step closer. "Aye, 'twill be bettah foh everybeast if y'come quietly. We c'n see t'y'wounds, too -- I see y'not walkin' so well wi' y'right leg." She pauses to let the badger talk, and smiles encouragingly. "Aye, an' I'll back up tha' promise. I will personally deal wi' anybeast whot tries t' 'arm y' if y'surrendah now. Y'my friend."   

Zolomon looks at her paw and raises the saber and then lowers it a little, he nods and steps forward oddly relaxed, and then suddenly he swings the blade at Felicity! He kicks over some stolen supplies towards the firepit causing a little more smoke and a bit of ash to be in the air a brief moment!"NOT GOING BACK!!"   

Donica had been relaxed, ok that was a bad idea as she gasps at the sudden movement and goes to step back a little, almost tripping over a loose canteen that rolls towards her.   

Ciocan had been watching closely, ready for anything out of place. All seemed fine at first but then he catches the blade movement and yells out as he pulls free his warm hammer"Look out!" He coughs a little when some more smoke fills the area briefly.   

Felicity had also relaxed slightly, but when she see the blade flash through the air, she draws her own sabre in the nick of time, blocking the strike. Fear flicks through her eyes, but she doesn't counter-attack. All she does is defend. She told him and Greg that she wouldn't fight him, and she intends to keep her word. "Zolomon, think 'bout whot y'doin'!"   

Zolomon snorts as his eyes blaze hate back at the hare maid"I am..."He swings the blade and smirks."Time to die Felicity! Then I can kill Terrence when he cmes to morn ya...hahahahahah"   

Donica screams and looks to shocked to do anything right now, she moves and trips on the canteen now and slowly gets up to get a stone into her sling.   

Ciocan gets his long dagger out as it's quicker and goes to slice at Zolomon's leg aiming to seriously hurt him, he also uses his other paw to get his war hammer out to use it if needed.   

Felicity is fighting too hard to defend herself from his strikes to say anything more. She is still not fighting back, only defending herself, and all of her skill is being used to do that. She backs up a little to try and give herself more room to maneuver when her heel slips on some loose gravel. She hits the ground hard, her breath being knocked out of her. She raises her sabre to try and block anything, but she's very rattled.   

Zolomon grins, that look is not a good look at all on his face as he smirks and goes for a move that could well kill most beasts, but a cry of pain as his leg is suddenly sliced and he loses some balance messing up some of the saber's route. He snorts and backs up slightly starting at the badger now as he pants, tired, and looks at that tiny entry point in the back of the cave. Then back to the badger, maybe the hare should run.   

Donica's eyes go wide and then she snaps out of her trance and lets the stone fall out of her sling, she is also getting ready to treat any wounds, as someone is gonna get hurt she just knows that already.   

Ciocan's eyes flash a bit, borderline blood wrath as he is so very close as he has the hammer out and looks ready to finish zolomon off,"You..were ...warned."   

The combination of Felicity sort of blocking with her sabre and Ciocan distracting Zolomon is enough to keep her from being killed. However, she can't avoid it completely, and Zolomon's sabre still slices a thin cut across her abdomen. She stifles a cry, then scoots back a little, trying to not shout from pain. Tears trickle down her cheeks as she watches the shell of what used to be her friend face the Badger Lord.   

Zolomon breaths in and out as......yeah he should run, he grips the saber and then throws it at the badger and quickly gets out the back way, he leaves behind a trail of blood from his leg and, well if he wasn't limping before he is now as he manages a few paces running and then tumbles and rolls into the shallows and tenses up in pain from the wound. He uses his cape to stop the bleeding and shivers, hide...hide...he has to hide, he finds a sort of fallen log and passes out once he crawls inside. He is alive, but clearly hurt bad.   

Donica moves closer to Filifty if she can to check on her wound, "Sargeant....let me look please..."   

Ciocan growls as he swings the hammer into the back of the cave wall, he barely misses Zolomon and snarls...he then blinks as the old cave is not too steady. He places the war hammer and long dagger back and goes to quickly, yet gently, scoop up Felicity and exit the cave."Private Donica outside now!" He will of course make sure both hares are safe outside the cave as he looks back and calms slowly.

The 2 Privates who had been with Felicity hurry outside ahead of the badger. Felicity keeps hold of her sabre as Ciocan scoops her up. When they get the chance, Donica will see that while the cut is long and will need stitches, it's also not very deep. The Sergeant will be released from the Salamandastron Infirmary in the morning with the only restriction being that she not go on any missions and she be careful with her training for 3 weeks. Her emotions, however....well, she is definitely heartbroken. But at least she can tell everyone why now.   

Donica is already getting outside with a small eep and looks back to the others "Wot...wot now? look fer him?" She will do what is needed to help the Sargeant, the chief healer can help further but the Sargeant will be ok on the way back to the infirm.   

Ciocan looks down at Felicity, then looks at Donica"He won't get far, we go back to the mountain."He can carry Felicity back, "We know where Zolomon is now, I will be sending other hares out right away." They get back and just as he promises, some hares are sent out soon to find Zolomon.

Board footer