Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-10-25 01:56:34 PM

Mother Krisha

Updateing Darian-Redwall Log

WHO:

Krisha-Badger Mother

Darian- Weasel and wants to be Novice

Gorvenalus-Abbey Recorder

LOG:

Krisha has been helping a lot with the abbot's duties so he can have a couple of days rest, as well as her own duties around the abbey. Right now she is looking over a couple of scrolls handing one back"Lacota is mainly in charge of the feast...and let's see...supplies look good, anything else I need to know?" She gets a shake of the head,"No Mother Krisha, thank you" And then she is on her own    O

Gorvenalus walks in quietly, some tea he sits down"How are you doing Krisha?" He sits down across from her and for now lets her decide whether to chat or not.   

Darian slowly, she sneaks her way in to the room, keeping her pawsteps light and her form close to the wall. When she sees the two familiar creatures, however, her small ears perk up, and her head lifts. "M-Mother Krisha?" she says, her voice soft, as though asking for permission to come forward.

Krisha looks at the tea and clears her throat "Better, Benar will likely be back to his duties tomorrow but I felt after the past couple weeks...he needed a few days rest." She hears,then sees Darian and smiles "Darian dear...its good to see you"   

Gorvenalus nods "And trust me Matilda is making sure he rests."He nods a hello to Darian"Greetings"   

Darian steps forward, looking a little hesitant as she glances between the two, then scurries up to Krisha and gives her a hug. "I'm sorry that I've been gone," she says softly.   

Krisha smiles, returning the hug"Maybe it was...good you were. Things got a bit..."She sighs"Tense here for while, but it's better now."She pauses and asks "You didn't run into..Zolomon did you? Though by now he is supposed to be North of the bridge"

Gorvenalus sighs"Yes, I have yet to update the log book but I will soon.Rupert was kind enough to have a copy of the trail notes and everything."   

Darian blinks, looking confused, looking to the beaver then back up to the Badger Mother, her head tilting to the side. "Th-The last time I spoke with Mr. Zolomon was several months ago. Why? Is he okay?"   

Krisha takes a deep breath, then speaks"No....he has been banished from the abbey and here.He...he breached the peace treaty with the abbey and Ferravale. If he had just caused the disturbance in the marketplace I am sure it wouldn't of been as bad...but no..."She has to stop, ok do not get grumpy, and she manages to speak again"He killed someone in Ferravale, an old otter named Errpeal that was visiting.sadly I was there to witness it but was too shocked to react...I let the guards handle him cause I had to find Vonda...she is ok but she left the area and..I don't blame her."   

Gorvenalus frowns"He was placed on trail....he is lucky he is alive, he could of easily be executed in FerrVALE"

Darian looks suddenly terrified. The weasel takes a small step back, her paws covering her mouth in an attempt to hide her shock. Slowly, her paws drop to her sides again. "Wh-Why would he do that, Mother Krisha?" she asks, glancing between her and Gorvenalus.   

Krisha says, "I...do not know, the old otter was just trying to calm him,give him advice...only to be slamed into the wall, Vonda thought he was knocked out but...the old otter was dead. I didn't stick around to see the guards place zolomon in a cell but there was a trail a few days later, me..Lt Elbio,Benar and Matilda had to go to it..zolomon...changed, he is a threat now.I have no clue if...if he can be helped much now or not"

Gorvenalus says, "One never knows but the path he chooose to keep going down....it was best to send him away"   

Darian stares between the two again, unsure of what to say or how to respond. The young weasel takes another step back, before looking away from them. "Did he... Did he hurt anyone else?" she asks.   

Krisha says, "He knocked out some guards..."She frowns "He...attacked and....."She sighs."A small group of weasels on the road, one with a...dibbun.The mother and dibbun are safe in Ferravale now. There was a report of some robber band, but the weasels were not them.I have no idea who the robbers were though,they likely were just passing threw the area "

Gorvenalus pours tea for Darian , if she wants any and sips his own as he sits down to listen"A lot has happen young one, where were you doing this?"   

Darian's ears droop some when she hears that. "Weasels?" she whispers. The weasel's legs wobble a little as she makes her way shakily to the table, standing next to Gorvenalus and holding on to the table with both paws. "Am I in danger?"   

Krisha lays a gentle paw on her shoulder,if able, "No...Zolomion has been bandished north of the bridge on the road, may be wise to avoid the bridge though."   

Gorvenalus says, "Not now, no. Zolomon seems to have....reawaken his urge to, as he said....take out all vermin." 

Darian looks down at the table, staring at it, her expression showing absolute dread at hearing all of this. Darian's mouth hangs open and she appears to be trying to catch her breath. When Krisha sets her paw on her shoulder though, her eyes fill with tears. The young weasel turns to the Badger Mother and collapses on her, crying.   

Krisha frowns and gentlely hugs her, letting her cry "Its ok...shhhhh your safe, and Lt. Elbio has gone to take a letter to Salamandstron to let them know what happen....its important they know what happen before rumors get to the mountin of what did or didnt happen"   

Gorvenalus nods"It was wise yes.I just hope Lt. Elbio stays safe since he has his daughter Ciana with him.Seems the lass wanted to jion the Long Patrol prehaps.Lt. Elbio should be back before the snow falls, if not its likely he stayed and is back in the spring"   

Darian sniffs, calming at Krisha's hug and gentle voice. The weasel wipes at her eyes with the back of her paw, her crying stopping but she doesn't move away from the Badger Mother's embrace. "Lt. Elbio was with me wh-when I met Zolomon. I'm sad I didn't get a chance to see him before he left." Darian sniffs, taking in a large breath. "I'm... going to stay in the Abbey, and not go out much. At least for a while."

Krisha nods "Sounds wise..."She smiles as she changes the subject "And your be just in time for authumn feast, its on a few short days.Even supposed to be a pie making contest"   

Gorvenalus nods "Yes the feast is soon isn't it? Oh dear....almost forgot about it and there is still a good deal to do before the feast."   

Darian rubs at both of her eyes, blinking several times to make sure all the tears are out. "Feast?" she asks, her ears perking up a little when she hears that. "I'd really love to be there for that." Now she even smiles a little.   

Krisha says, "welll you do live here my dear"   

Gorvenalus smiles,another sip of his tea"You could be a novice maybe Darian...didn't you want to learn to be a healer or help out with the defenders...they still need help if they are to keep the group running"   

Darian smiles up at Krisha. "I do! I guess I'm a real Redwaller now, huh?" The weasel giggles lightly as she reaches her paw forward and takes the cup that Gorvenalus offered earlier. "I've been training a lot while I was away, and I think I'm getting really good at healing! But, um... what do I do to become a novice?"   

Krisha smiles "Know the charter and recite it for Benar"   

Gorvenalus says, "the charter is in the library....your also need to learn history,math,writting,reading as a novice"

Darian takes a sip of tea, looking up at Krisha again. "The charter?" she asks, then looks to Gorvenalus. "I'll go and start studying it. Abbey history I should be okay at! And, I can already read! Grandpa made sure of that." The weasel smiles, looking back up at Krisha again. "Do you think Abbot Benar would really be alright with me being a novice, Mother Krisha?"   

Krisha says, "Of course." She watches her head off before speaking"Least they best, I am adopting her or do you think thats wise....i should ask firat shouldnt I."

Gorvenalus smiles"I think she may like that decision but yes ask her.But family is important to have and I am sure she would love to officially have one"   

Krisha nods"Settled then. She will be part of my family...she will be safe and wanted.Caleb and oz shall be her brothers"   

Gorvenalus nods, he stands "I have some writing to catch up on.See you later Krisha."   

Krisha waves and leans back in her chair.A quick nap before she gets to dibbun duties,check on some things and find Darian toask about her feelings on being her daughter.

Board footer