Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-10-10 11:37:28 AM

oz

Loseing one's self

WHO:

Zolomon- Archer,Rouge

Krisha-Badger Mother

Vonda-Healer

Errpeal-Wise Seer,old otter

LOG:

Zolomon sat in the cell and looked far from happy about being here.A snort, as he looked at the guard on duty ."Ya know if ya want me outta the village,why lock me up hmmm?"

Krisha had decided to come, see what in the world Zolomon had been up to and frowned at a bit of news she got,and ran into Vonda so she decided to go to Ferravale with the haremaid before things got any worse.

Vonda walked along beside her and frowned "I..I don't, he tried to kill a fox or something ,I don't know the whole story..I know on the road he did attack a camp of weasels, said they were robber beasts."

A guard lets them inside, after a brief chat with the Head Guard they decided to let the hare sit in a chair and planned to release him into the Badger Mother custody to get him to the abbey perhaps.

Zolomon was lead to a chair,two guards with him as he sits down,he looks up and a small smile when he sees Vonda, a frown when he sees the badger"Wot ya want,go away"

Krisha takes a deep breath and speaks"No, you have...well I am not sure, got yourself in some pretty deep trouble this time Zolomon, your anger issues seem worse, why...just why do this? I know words sometimes escape and sadly one can't take them back once they do.What you did and I have yet to hear details, but you breached the treaty between the abbey and Ferravale? Why?"

Vonda frowns"Zolomon? Look at me...listen to me,please."

Another figure slowly walks in "It seems I come for a visit and the hare mind is...clouded, anger clouds the mind and leads to...much pain"Its Errpeal."A troubled mind needs fixed."

Zolomon  looks at Vonda and then Krisha as he speaks, "The fox threatened to punch me, so I fought him, he got out a blade so I kicked it out of his paw and took it from him, only proves vermin eventually turn on you and this PLACE is a town full of vermin, is that wise?"He shakes his head"I have no clue why de Defender Base is even in the village,should be outside it I say."

Vonda hugs Errpeal and shakes her head at Zolomon "Dear...don't say that, not all vermin are bad beasts, I have learned that and as for the Defender base being here, isn't there a couple ferrets and a fox in the group?"

Krisha sighs "And so you..stab them?"She asks,"The Mossflower Defender base is here to keep the peace,a sign of trust.Xander worked hard to keep it a good group, one that understands you don't go hunting down all vermin just cause you think they are out to get you or someone else.Ferravale has helped the abbey more than once and us them and I don't want to see the peace between the abbey and Ferravale fall apart because a certain hare got grumpy. Maybe you should just stay here a few days and Benar or the Champion can come get you once you're in the right mind set Zolomon. Oh and I heard Benar wanted to maybe have you help me with the dibbuns, no...not till you figure out what the heck is wrong with you. You use to be caring and helpful, not so much now." She stands, "I should just go back to the abbey,someone else can chat with Zolomon." She looks at the hare and frowns"If Xander was alive...what would he think of the way you have acted ?"

Errpeal glaces at the hare and studys him."You need to learn control, your like a jagged stone and you need to be a smooth stone."He glances at Vonda and back to the hare"I can tell..Vonda helps,you love her correct?"

Zolomion blinks, a nod"Yes...wot sort of stupid question is that? Wot does it have ta do with the fact vermin are trouble...they ...they form hordes and they kill and some reason lately we seem to...try not to judge them? Take Halyard for example...place should of been burned to the ground,let the whole place be a base for the Long Patrol. And instead of having the great or so called great Lt. Elbio to have something done with Ferravale....its decided oh there is a peace treaty...tis fine....we will leave Ferravale alone they are not a threat to the abbey just keep an eye on it to make sure no one does make it a threat.....like...wot the----" He stands slowly and looks at the old otter"And you....shut up,you know nothing"

Vonda blinks and then glares slightly"Don't you dare tell Errpeal to shut up...what is..."Her ears droop"Gotten into you lately..your not you."

Krisha watches Zolomon closely"Zolomon.....you best calm down we are trying to help you and I am willing to do so, and I am sure Benar is as well. You just have to let us."

Errpeal frowns,"I know more than you think and the path you take right now is not good, it only will lead to ruin and sadness, to hurt and loss."He goes to lay a paw on the hare's shoulder"You need to turn back to the light and not step closer to the darkness.We all have a choice...stay near the light or stay near the darkness, you stray too close to the darkness and it is taking hold stronger and stronger in you...do not let it my friend."

Zolomon seems to listen,to think and then he goes to shove the otter's paw off his shoulder and  kick the guard on his left.His paws may be cuffed but he is still strong and quick as he elbows the old otter into the wall very roughly. His eyes flash as he goes to elbio the otter once more "Shut..up..SHUT UP!."

The one guard is knocked out cold,the other quickly calls the other guads to get the hare back into the cell,it seems this short talk has come to an end.

Errpeal has no time to react and hits the wall,the back of his head slams hard, a softt groan and he hits the wall again and then the floor rather hard and lays.....still....so very still...on the floor....no movement at all.

Vonda screams and rushes forwards to check on Errpeal,she is a healer and "Errpeal...Errpeal!!!"

Krisha backs up and stands there in a bit of shock, what just happen? She shakes her head to clear it and quickly kneels by Errpeal and Vonda" We can get him to the infirm, or maybe....might be too dangerous to move him,we would have to be very very careful."

Zolomon manages to knock out another couple guards before he is
in the cell gain, a deep breath and a snort"Oh I am sure the old fool is fine.Just get me outta here,rather be anywhere but this smelly cell."

Vonda shakes her head, "He's......"She looks at Zolomon, "You.....you KILLLED him!You killed him! He did nothing to you!." Tears form as she shakes her head."I want...nothing to do with you. I HATE YOU!! "She then rushes out in tears, its unclear where she is running to.

Krisha is in shock, too much to react much right now.She finally finds her voice"I..I am going after her..."She doesn't even look at the hare, she can't...she is afraid what she would say, or try and do to him right now.Slowly stands and leaves the hare to the guards to deal with,someone else can get him from that cell.

Zolomon glares,then it hits him what was just said.."Vonda?" No he...he can't of lost her, he needs her...he looks at the old still otter and the retreating badger and stares into space it seems.Something then snaps inside him,the one haremaid...Vonda..always calmed him even if it took a while and now she hates him,he lost her...this is real.He curls into the corner of the cell and then chuckles, "Who...who needs them, I need no one...no one!."He sniffs "I am just...fine."

A lot goes through the hare's mind, past few months even,slowly ...changing him,is it too late to...be him again or is this the new him?

time....will.....tell…

Or will it?

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#2 2021-10-10 11:11:43 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: Loseing one's self

waitwut O.o

remember when zolomon was a happy go lucky hare who did summersaults to make people laugh?  yeah, me too.

man, oz is doing this change well...heavens, though, i did not see this coming...

eta: (also, blisa might charge him with murder now, since he killed errapel within the walls of ferravale.  if we're able to do this, she would wait until benar was there since she considers zolomon a redwall citizen.)

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2021-10-10 11:19:27 PM)

Board footer