Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-10 02:37:03 PM

oz

Reunion!

Who:

Oz- Preteen Badger cub

Cole- Private and Runner in LP

Krisha- Redwall Badger Mother

Caleb- leader ofcMossflower Defenders

Errapel- otter seer

LOG:

The Dining Hall is just finishing lunch and the hare in charge of dibbuns is Cole and another Private, and they are not having that grand of a time. Most are behaving but a couple of the levets are fighting and start a small food fight,that is lucky stopped within a minute by a corporal on duty.     

Oz just watches them and sighs.One he is slightly bigger than them and just now 5.5 seasons old, a preteen ..he will be a novice before autumn is over.     

Krisha walks into the room.She has spent a good deal of time in the guest room she was given,just resting and relaxing, a couple hares decided to let her sleep when the badger cub woke and didn't really tell him anyone was here to see him. The Badger Mother glances around, frowning a little and decides to just get some fruit,salad and a drink,she is not in the mood for a crowd of hares right now.     

Cole and the other private gets the dibbuns gathered to go have some time in the craftroom before lessons.     

Oz starts to follow but instantly freezes when he sees someone across the room and bolts before any hare can grab him, and yes Cole tries only to fall flat on his face and get laughed at...laughed at by dibbun hares! Meaning Oz makes a beeline towards Krisha "Mom!!!!!!"     

Krisha blinks, and turns just in time.She puts her plate and drink down,takes a couple steps and drops to her knees as the tears, happy ones, start.She lets him get to her and hugs him tightly."Oz...it's you, it's really you"     

Oz hugs back, tightly just happy, happier than he has been in awhile.He is taller, older of course..after all he was gone almost 3 seasons.He is taller and has grown up a bit, maybe a bit too much for his age as he was a season and a half when he was taken away.     

Cole slowly stands and dusts off, "Umm...ok then.."He manages to get the other dibbuns off to the classroom.Someother hares watch the reunion and smile.     

Krisha takes a deep breath,"I was so worried..." She looks him over and tenses up a little.She hugs him again and speaks "You....your starting to look a lot like your..father."     

Oz frowns at the mention of his father and just buries his face into her robes. It seems he is not wanting to leave his mothers side ever again.     

Krisha is not going to push him to reply, she knows very well he likely witnessed the horrible event when his father died.She nods"Its ok, we will go back home, to Redwall soon...me,Lt,Elbio and a couple guests, and your brother Caleb ishere as well."     

Oz stays close to Krisha and smiles "Caleb here?" He does remember the mouse, at least a little bit."We go home now?"     

Krisha smiles and leads him to a bench and sits down"Not yet, in a few days we will and get back in time for the Authumn feast and even if we don't get back in time, thats ok. We are back together and thats what is important"   

Oz happily follows his mother to the bench and sits beside her.He is happy and glad to see her.He is curious "See zolo?....and have friend...Kelp"He frowns"Not know where is"     

Krisha asks, "Kelp, an otter cub right?"She smiles"I saw him and Vonda on the way here, they are likely at Redwall now so your be able to see him again as well son""     

Oz smiles again"Ya...me and Kelp is friends and I..miss Kelp"     

Krisha nods"Zolomon is there as well, all is well at Redwall and beasts will be very happy to see you back safe."     

Oz smiles, staying beside her "When we see Caleb? Where is Caleb at?"     

Krisha says, "I am unsure where he is honey, he knows your here and I am sure you will see him soon.He will be very happy to see you"     

Oz says, "I will be most most happy to see him too, wanna see him soon too."     

Krisha says, "I know you will, me and Caleb both missed you, and the dibbuns will be happy to see you home too I bet."   

Oz asks, "How know I here mom?" Its not like they could of got a message out fast, could they" Who told you?"     

Krisha replies"Well zolomon ended up telling Elbio who told Benar, who told me..and so I came to get you to bring you home and seems like it was a good plan with the hares being so busy its hard to say when they would of been able to get you home"     

Oz says, "home wilol be nice, maybe I can go look for Caleb now"     

Krisha almost says no as she doesn't ever want him out of her sight, she nods"Alright, I am sure he is somewhere "     

=====Next day=====

It is just after breakfast time in the dinning hall, so its not too busy.One hare, Cole is here and seems to be looking for someone then sighs and just takes the hare dibbuns off to wherever needed, it seems he dislikes being on dibbun duty this morning. Unseen at the moment is Oz as he is behind the half closed door to the kitchen.   

Caleb would slowly come into the dining chambers, wearing a simple tunic and shorts as he was trying to keep as cool as he could. The mouse looks around the area and notices Cole, giving them a small wave as he goes to sit down at the table, wanting to rest before he chooses something to eat.     

Oz peeks around the corner, good Cole is gone..seems he dislikes Cole.He giggles and slips out with a couple cookies and starts to head elsewhere when he notices Caleb and studies him for a short while before realizing who it is.He stuffs the cookie into a pocket and quickly heads over to Caleb.He is clearly taller since the mouse less saw him, then he has been missing like 3 seasons, he also talks a lot better "Caleb!...it you..Caleb!"     

Caleb seems to freeze as he hears the strange but familiar voice. The mouse slowly turns around as he looks towards his brother and seems to smile, almost breaking down. Quickly the mouse gets up and comes over to hug his little brother, smiling with glee. However... he figured that Oz was waiting for Cole to be gone so the mouse would stay quiet before writing something down. "Oz... It's so good to see you. Why were you hiding?"

Oz tilts his head and looks at the writing, sounding out a couple words and then replying."Cole a meanie..."     

Caleb giggles somewhat and nods, taking Oz's hand and leading him back towards the kitchen so they could hide out and he could get himself something to eat. For now, he'd make hand gestures instead so that Oz could slowly learn. He points towards something that looks like a kettle and then to them, basically saying he's going to make tea. "Dad made tea a lot, remember?"     

Oz smiles,he could learn sign language most likely, he can read..fairly well, he does need to practice as he did miss out on some learning.He smiles and goes to follow Caleb.."I also see mom...mom glad see me too"     

"Yes she is... she missed you a lot, little brother." He puts his pad down and makes sure there's no hares around before going to make some tea and grab some breakfast items. "Want anything? Besides the cookies in your pocket?" With a giggle, Caleb points towards the treat sticking out of Oz's pocket, a bit bigger than he had anticipated.     

Oz shakes his head and smiles as he finds a place to sit down, he likely ate some breakfast earlier.     

Caleb would make himself some toast and eggs, along with a scone and some mint tea. The mouse sits down amongst the kitchen and smiles to his brother as he eats. "I'm... glad you remember me."     

Oz smiles, he goes to hug Caleb."Me...I r...remember you."     

Caleb puts his food down and smiles brightly, hugging his little brother and giving him a small rub along the back. "Don't worry... I won't leave you."     

Oz nods, a small frown for a moment."The..bad cat said you..and mom were deads...I am glad you is not dead." Saddly he knows what dead means, he saw too much of it before he was rescued.     

"I know Oz... I know. But I ain't going to die on you any time soon. I'll stay with you for a long time." He just holds onto him more, smiling more genuinely and with a relaxed face.     

Oz smiles now."Okies..." He is happy, more happy than he has been in a while."And we go homes...soon.I missed home"     

Caleb nods at that and offers up some tea, giggling. He sips his own and then pulls out the picture he drew of Krisha and him when he was a mere baby.     

Oz smiles at the picture and looks at the tea, he takes a small sip of it and seems unsure if he likes it or not.     

Caleb is just giggling somewhat at his face, sipping some more as he looks towards Oz. "Dad taught me all I know about tea... I'm going to teach you just like he did me."     

Oz smiles at this and nods, he tries to sign back and does pretty good with =ok sounds ..."He hmmms and spells out good,but he is very much willing to learn sign language.     

Caleb seems to brighten up and decides to give him a small lesson, mostly on the basic letters and shapes he'll need to know. Just something quick and easy.     

Oz smiles, he is enjoying learning this, he does mess up a couple times but after a few tries is getting the hang of it and giggles now.     

"Okay... try to spell I love you, mom." He shows Oz really quick, making sure to take it slow so he knew what signs to use. "We're gonna surprise her with it."     

Oz smiles,he nods as he watche a few times and then tries, he doesn't get it at first and then tries again and learns how to do it, he will of course practice more later.     

Caleb gives him a pat on the head and lets him eat his cookie if he wwishes. He won't tell after all. The mouse just finishes up his breakfast.     

Oz does, but the 2nd one is given to Caleb as he smiles.     

Caleb happily takes it and nibbles it some before he signs, "Where do you want to go? I wanna hang out with my brother."   

Oz hmmms, he shrugs as not many places to really go and he has not been allowed outside since he got here, and some are still unsure of doing much outside yet.     

Errapel makes his way into the room ans sits in a chair on the far end of a table quietly, just for now relaxing.     

Oz peeks in the dining room when he thinks he hears someone and see the otter, but stays where he is instead of going over to him.     

Errapel chuckles and looks over at the door." Someone is curious are they? Come over and say hi young one."     

Oz walks over after a short while and offers a smile "Hi.."He says, he has seen the old otter before so he isn't a stranger.     

Caleb also peeks out, smiling towards Errapel before taking Oz's hand as they walk outside. He'd sign to Errapel, "Hello. Good to see you again."

Errapel smiles as he nods." It is a good day.I do hope you both are well." He nods as he studies both quietly. " You have been threw much, but that is the past and its best to look at the here and now and perhaps the future some too."     

Oz just listens as the otter talks, he then asks "You knows Kelp?"     

Errapel nods. " I do, he was once part of the same Holt as me, sadly the Seamist holt is no more. I shall stay in Halyard and Kelp stays at Redwall Abbey now with his adopted sister Vonda."     

Caleb nods somewhat and just watches the two talk, sitting down amongst the table.     

Oz smiles knowing Kelp isok"Me and kelp are friends." He sits down now.     

Errapel says, "friends are good to have in ones life, they help one another." He smiles at Oz." I sense your future will be very interesting young badger, just be sure to listen wisely to others and your do well."     

"Don't worry," Caleb signs " I will make sure to teach him well."

Errapel nods. " That is good to know."     

Oz yawns, he is tired and goes to sleep beside his brother,  Caleb, he smiles as he sleeps.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer