Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-06-12 12:03:09 PM

oz

He Wouldn't Want The Mossflower Defenders to Fade Away

Who:

Zolomon- Archer,Warrior, Now co- Leader of Mossflower Defenders

Caleb- Warrior,  Leader of Mossflower Defenders

Elbio- Redwall Residential Hare, Archer and Fighter

LOG:

Zolomon sits down eating lunch, purposely on the far end of a table to avoid most beasts.He eats a scone and mutters to himself,he then sighs scooting the plate away that still has a couple scones, there is a couple empty plates,and a mug empty as well,   

Caleb would be coming into the Great Hall after getting together some food for himself. He's grown a tad bit since he was last present and seems to have slightly longer hair, heading over towards the table. Seeing Zolomon, the mouse wanders over and places his plate down, writing off a note. "What's the matter, Zolomon? Usually a hare cleans every plate that's put in front of them."     

Zolomon blinks, he looks at the note and then at the mouse as if trying to remember.Then a frown forms as it dawns on him just who this is." A bally well lot lad...and if ya wonder where de uniform is, Iam no longer a patrol hare.."     

Caleb looks saddened to hear this before writing another note down as he goes to eat some scones himself. "Just because you're not a patrol hare does not mean you aren't welcome here. But I am sorry that you lost that position... it's a good one to have. Do not worry though, you're still a great warrior in my eyes."     

Zolomon reads it, staying quiet a while and just shrugs.."Long..story..and when I think things will get better...nope"He shakes his head."I came ere' ta..well no bally clue yet.."He lets a tear fall"My best friend is gone...yeah maybe couple friends still here."     

Caleb can see he's not really getting anywhere so he eats some more before writing again. "You'll always have friends here. I am sorry about your losses. I know what that feels like."     

Zolomon nods."I...I know, your.."He seems sad"Xandy's..adopted...son"     

Elbio walks in from outside about then and stops when he sees Zolomon, taking a deep breath he simply walks past him and sits down, not too close either.     

Caleb would notice the other hare and raise an eyebrow before just going back to writing. "He left me with a legacy of helping to protect this place. I plan to keep that alive. And I would love for you to help me."     

Zolomon sees Elbio and snorts, he decides to focus on Caleb instead."The..Mossflower Defenders?" He asks "How...are they?The base is still in Ferravale right?" He frowns at a memory."Me,Xandy and Marek started it..."He smiles a little bit." Wish his Uncle Zee could have helped, but the old badger died...I met him and Xandy when Xandy was basically novice age,I was thar when Xandy learned how to wield the blade he carried."     

Elbio glances over briefly, listening and seemingly curious but stays where he is, for now.     

Caleb would nod and smile. "I haven't been in a while but I am sure the base is in good health. You should come with me and make sure that everything is in order sometime. We can help to defend all of Mossflower and Redwall Abbey. After all... my father wasn't the only one who carried a blade here."     

Zolomon says, "True...de champion does...Ms.D does, well an axe...I can use a saber just got to get a new one..I wasn't allowed ta keep mine but yes I want to help.The Mossflower Defenders needs build up again, and have some good leadership."     

Elbio then stands and walks over "You...help with leadership Zolomon, trust me they likely don't want that..for sure from you." He crosses his arms over his chest as he speaks.

Caleb holds up a finger towards Zolomon before holding a note up towards Elbio, looking quite peeved. He wouldn't start a fight here in the abbey but there's nothing saying he can't defend himself. "I don't believe I asked you for your opinion. Zolomon is my friend and an old friend of my adoptive father and if I trust him then that is what I will do. Now I suggest you leave."     

Zolomon starts to stand up and make a fist,he then takes a couple deep breaths and sits down, all the while watching Elbio.     

Elbio backs up as he reads the note."You have no clue what he did in Halyard.....in Salamastron, how he treated me.."He stops before he gets into a serious argument.He has yet to walk away.     

Caleb pulls Zolomon back down and looks towards Elbio's face. His eyes... they're steeled much like that of a badger's as if he's seen things. The mouse has lost much and was born without a voice... a cruel twist of fate in this land. He simply writes another note and shows it to Elbio. "Whatever Zolomon has done is in the past... a friend of my father's is a friend of mine. I told you to leave... I will not ask again. Do not make me take this poor Abbey's name in vain."     

Zolomon has no clue what the mouse is writting, he looks at Elbio"Ya know...I would so punch you right now Elbio but Mother K did say...no fighting in de abbey,so out of respect,I won't"He shakes his head"As for TRYIN' ta talk to you..forget it, just like in Halyard and...no one would listen to me or giveme a break."He stops there and sits back down.     

Elbio looks ready himself to sy something else, he mutters and turns around to leave the room,he needs to calm down,he adds "Good..don't want ta talk to you either!"     

Caleb slowly sits back down and lets out a huff of air. The mouse takes a moment to sip at his tea before offering some to Zolomon, his own home blend thanks to the spring harvest. It's a type of mint chai and seems to be well mixed. "I... am sorry about that. But I will not stand idly by when a friend is getting bullied."     

Zolomon takes a mug of the tea and sips it, he nods " We didn't get along in Halyard either, he was an ensign then,now a Lt. wot ever."He sighs."Storm came thru, destroyed the docks and had to rebuild the docks..of course at the same..time..other..news"He wipes away tears.     

Caleb gives Zolomon a small pat on the back, smiling somewhat as he knows of those types of troubles. "I know of your phlight. Don't worry, Zolomon... what is in the past can't be changed but we can make sure that the future is better by helping here in the present. When I go to the base next, will you join me?"   

Zolomon nods, a smile "Of course I will.Xandy would not want to see the base fall to ruin, he would want de Mossflower Defenders to stay around, even grow if it can."He hmms"Need ta find out who is still active in it. I know Patch might still talk ta them..maybe, the defenders were allowed ta have one free meal a day in de tavern"He looks around and whispers "There is a secret..like escape if needed from de base to the tavern."     

Caleb is liking this already, chuckling somewhat as he hears Zolomon's secret. "I will make sure to see this secret for myself and bring some food for the base if they need it. We'll make a day of it, just you and me. For now, I must finish eating and do some more chores."     

Zolomon nods"Yes...chores...I likely should help with that treehouse the moles are helping rebuild, I did learn to work with woodwork."     

Caleb nods and holds up his own glass of tea, nodding towards Zolomon before working to finish his breakfast.     

Zolomon finished the mug of tea he has, eats the last couple scones and heads to the orchards,today he will help with the treehouse most of the day.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer