Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-09 06:28:00 PM

Mother Krisha

A History Lesson and new Friend-Redwall Log

Darian stands in the Great Hall, gazing up at the tapestry. It's unsure how long she's been there, but some beasts may have reported that she arrived a few days ago, and has been spotted looking up at the tapestry for most of her time here.

Krisha makes her way into the Great Hall followed by some novices and order beast"Ok go ahead and see what can be done with getting ready for spring planting" She nods to a 2nd group "And you guys can  see what chores need done."She sounds a little tired and goes to sit down in her chair.

Darian is a little startled at the arrival of the badger and the novices. Quickly, the weasel ducks her head down and turns away from the tapestry, scurrying over to a corner and keeping her eyes to the ground.

Krisha looks up and over at Darian and speaks softly "Are..you ok?" She stays in her chair as she speaks, but she does sit up better now.

Darian makes a small squeaking noise when the Badger Mother addresses her. "... Me?" she asks, glancing at Krisha before immediately looking to her footpaws again.

Krisha nods "Yes you?" She frowns "Did you need help? There is no need to be afriad of me if you are."She smiles."I am Mother Krisha, the Badgermother, and for a few days in charge of the abbey"

Darian's head perks up when she hears the name. "Krisha!" Now her eyes seem to sparkle. "You  Are... "The young weasel slinks over to Krisha, standing several meters from her chair, and bows her head. " I've heard about you. My grandpa told me about the Badger Mothers of the past."

Krisha offers a smile "Oh...well I been Badger Mother now, well a few seasons.Before me was Papa Oz, think before him..oh yes Heartwood was her name"

Darian smiles a little more. "My grandpa knew Mr. Oz," she says, lifting her head up to look up at the badger. "Have you known any weasels?"

Krisha shakes her head "None can I can think of. I know some beasts from Ferravale that are good, a rat I am questionable about that was a friend to my...my mate"She frowns slightly but smiles again"Papa Oz was known by a lot of beasts and was very old when he died"

Darian can sense Krisha's voice becoming sad, and she nods her head a little. "So was my grandpa," she says softly.  "My grandpa used to live here, with Mr. Oz. I was afraid of coming here, because... I guess weasels aren't really liked very much."

Krisha tilts her head"You are welcome at Redwall if you are good of heart. Some beast do..fear vermin or are unsure of them, different reasons I suppose."

Darian blinks, then looks down at her footpaws. "Do... Do you think I'm good at heart?" Darian sounds nervous when asking that question.

Krisha is quiet a moment as she studies her, she smiles "I think so, your also worried it seems, your safe in the abbey dear."

Darian visibly relaxes at Krisha's reassurance. Once more she smiles. "My name is Darian," she says. "Is it okay if we Are friends?"

Krisha  says, "Having friends is always important, a friend is at times worth more than gold. We can be friends yes"

Darian's eyes sparkle once more, then she leaps forward and hugs the badger mother, her eyes closing as she hugs Krisha. "Thank you!" she says. The young weasel sounds relieved, as though a large worry has been afraid off of her.

Krisha returns the hug  gently and smiles "You should come to the Spring Feast Darian, its in a couple days."

Darian nods her head quickly, smiling still as Krisha hugs her back. "... I might! My grandpa used to tell me about the feasts Redwall used to have." The weasel smiles up at her. "You give them names, right? Grandpa chose names for a couple of them"

Krisha nods"Yes we always name the season, there is very rarely we don't name a season, I think last summer we named it later on cause we didn't have a feast"

Darian looks confused. "Why did you have a feast last summer?asks.

Krisha hmmms"I think it was last summer....a lot was going on, but those problems are not a concern now, dealed with and everything is back to normal now"

Darian  smile returns. "hat's s good then!"she says, then scurries to a nearby chair, pulling it with some strained effort in front of Krisha, then sitting on it, facing the badger mother. "I'm kind of sad grandpa won't be here, he always said that he missed this place"

Krisha nods "Its always..sad when love ones have to leave us, but they live on in our hearts and tis good to remember the good times one had with them"

Darian sits with her paws folded on her lap. "Yeah."she whispers. " I'm sorry you didn't know him. I want to meet more beasts who may have known him but, I haven't yet"

Krisha nods "Well, what was his name? Maybe you can ask at the feast.I know some beasts are no longer here, but others are still here who may of known him"

Darian smiles at Krisha. "Compest" she says, then points a paw to Martin on the tapestry. "Grandpa's  name was Compest and, he was like him."

Krisha looks at the tapestry "You mean a warrior?"

Darian nods. "Kinda,"she says, looking back to Krisha. "But I mean, he was like him. Like um..." She tries to think, scratching at her head with her paw "Grandpa was a warrior /here/. Like for the Abbey.Carried around that sword." Darian points again to the picture, this time at Martin's sword.

Krisha blinks"Champion?" She is a little surprised at this "Martin must of trusted him a great deal then"

Darian nods several times. "Yeah! " she says, sounding a little excited. "That! Grandpa was that. And I guess so." Darian curls up on her chair, her fluffy tail curling up around her. "Everybeast trusted grandpa, because he was a goodbeast. After grandpa, Martin chose Nich. And after Nich, I forget who. Then after them, it was Flicktail. Now  um.....Who is it now? Mat... Matilda?"

Krisha nods "Yes.She is with Abbot Benar right now I think but she will be at the feast.We will have it with the GUOSIM shrews"

Darian leans up. "Oh yeah! Mr. Beaver, I forget his name, and the Lt. Long Patrol Hare were talking about them! They make really good food right?" Now she leans back again, lowering her head. "Who is... Benar?"

Krisha hmmms"A Lt. hare, that was either Velm or Elbio..Velm had to head back to the mountain. The beaver is likely Brother Gorvenalus"She smiles "BenaR..he is the abbot, an old squirrel"

Darian smiles, "Oh yeah! Mr. Gorvenalus, he is really nice. Lt. Elbio, he is  nice too. Mr. Gorvenalus gave me some tea and scones."  Now she looks like she's  thinking again. "Abbot... that is  like, the leader, right?"

Krisha nods "You could say that, yes he isi in charge of the abbey and others help like me, and there is the champion, the Friar and our Gatekeeper helps as well."

"Lorimis was before Benar" Darian states.

Krisha nods "Yes,I never meet Lormis but heard about him from others. I came here later on with my father and martin the warrior choose me to one day be Badger Mother so Oz trained me and...well now I am Badger Mother"

"Wow"Darian whispers, curling up a little more on her chair again." You are  really nice, Ms. Krisha. I'm really glad Martin chose you. Are the others nice like you, and Brother Gorvenalus, and Lt. Elbio? The others, like Abbot Benar and Matilda the Champion?" The small weasel's head lowers, and she whispers, I really hope so."

Krisha nods "All are nice here,"

Darian looks a lot more relaxed than she did before. "Then I'm safe here" she says gently. "I'm gonna ask Abbot Benar if, maybe, I can live here. Is that okay, do you think?"

Krisha smiles "I do not see why not.As I said he will be at the feast and so will I."Though the walk will be interesting but it has been a while since she been outside the abbey"It will be nice to get out and about, been a little while since I been outside the abbey walls"

Darian tilts her head a little. "Really?" she asks. "I can show you around, if you want. I've spent my whole life outside!"The weasel giggles.

Krisha shrugs "Guess I just stAY in the abbey grounds a lot, and never had a reason to go out much"

Darian leans forward and gently pats Krisha's paw. " It's okay, You don't have to be afraid, because you have friends who will be with you "

Krisha smiles "I know. It will be nice walk, spring is here and most of the snow is gone after a very hard winter"

Darian yawns, opening her mouth wide as she yawns deeply, looking a little sleepy. The small weasel rubs at an eye with her paw. "Mother Krisha?" she asks, blinking her eyes several times. "Thank you for talking to me."

Krisha nods "You sound tired, go ahead and get some sleep, if you need me I will likely be with the dibbuns"

Board footer