Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-22 05:47:57 AM

The_Brony_Marek

Gaining Forgiveness And Offering Of A Job

FV:Tavern
Outside a sign swings on a rusty creaking frame above the doorway of the tavern depicting a faded painting of what appears to be three rather rich looking skeletons slumped over a table around a black chalice, perhaps such a thing could be taken as a warning but it doesn't appear to work on the locals. The noise within on a normal day is usually heard before the door is even opened and only rises in volume when one actually steps inside.
There are the typical qualities of a tavern within, from the bar to the chairs and booths and the odd drunk who never seems to move it's the little details which encourage a patron to pay his tab if he likes his fingers. One look at some of the staff or customers might give the impression but the room is decorated to the fiercer tastes with bones, mostly skulls cropping up here and there to fill a gap on a shelf or decorating the walls above the doorways, fireplace and bar, a pair of axes joining the one over the fire with some signs that they've been yanked off to join in a fight a couple of times. Some of the comfier chairs are lined with fur and very rarely one might be found with a few pointed bits of bone to decorate the back. Despite the looks there is entertainment and fun to be had, some form of music usually played on a small stage in the corner and at least one bouncer usually tries to keep the peace while beasts gamble, drink and be merry.
A small door behind the bar leads out the back to the kitchen and cellars while one wall has been opened up in a wide arch to increase the space off into the next room where what seems to be a wooden fence with gates on either end has been set up as a fighting pit as further entertainment and something to bet over.

Ferravale Log:

Marek was cleaning up for the night, washing the last of the dishes and about to lock the tavern for the night.  A lone drunk rat was about to be carried to an Inn room.

Alise walked in quietly, on her back in a baby sling she carried Cora who was sound asleep. She looked tried, and maybe she has been crying as she just watched the stoat from where she stood.

Marek set the last mug down and slowly turned, seeing the hare he frowns “Sorry we are closed for the night, come back tomorrow, Zaram will show you out” The mole nods and goes to led her outside.

Alise steps back “No, wait….Marek, yes I know you, I want to talk please. Just a short while and then I will leave.”

Marek listens “ Yes you knocked me out after a rather  semi bad day, started alright it seemed, then get back to chaos in my tavern.”

Alise frowns “I..I am sorry for that sur, it’s just…” She takes a deep breath “Why? Why 8 seasons ago…you killed…” She stops her words and rubs her eyes. “My name is Alise, and this is Cora I…adopted her”

Marek looks to Zaram “Zaram make sure no one enters, this won’t  take too long” He walks over to a table “Sit” He says calmly and looks at the hare.

Alise at first is unsure, but she finally sits down .”Why?” She repeats.

Marek answers “I was a different beast back then,  at the time power and fear was my desire, not anymore. And yes I killed many hares, as well as other beasts that day as did the horde I had. I am sorry, truly sorry for slaying your parents. If I could go back now to that day I would, but one can’t change the past, they can just move on in life. I changed since then and I seemed to have finally gotten Redwall’s  trust, to which I will hold on with all I have, trust is hard to get and  even harder to keep once you do have it”

Alise listens and nods “Trust it’s..earned, I..I can’t say I trust you but I..I forgive you, I want to just put it behind me. I am sorry I knocked you out and attempted to kill you”

Marek nods “Forgiven Ms Alise” He looks to the stairs and back to the hare as he goes to lock the door “ The guest room is yours and your daughter’s for the night free of charge, Zaram will bring you a meal and drink, breakfast before you go…all free of charge.”

Alise manages a smile “Thank you sur…thank you” She heads upstairs with Cora.

Marek nods and watches her head upstairs, he sits and thinks for a while before heading to bed  as well.

=Next Morning=
It was the next morning and Marek had yet to open the tavern, but he was up reading a book in his office.

Alise knocks on the office door and waits for a reply, Cora was with her as she couldn’t sleep much seemed.

Marek looked up and takes off his reading glasses and sits them aside “Enter Ms. Alise” He folds his paws on his desk after sitting his book down.

Alise walks in, Cora walking beside her and staying very close to the other hare. “ Hallo sur, the mole mentioned you wanted to talk more.” She sits in a chair and Cora stays in her lap and looks at Marek.

Marek nods “Yes, I was up past my normal time for bed last night, thinking of all that’s happen. I have decided to form a  group, The Mossflower Defenders and had wondered if you wanted to join Ms. Alise. Healer, Fighters, Archers….”

Alise blinks slowly and shakes her head, Cora giggles at Marek and reaches out to him, “I….sorry I had plans to leave and go to Southward, a hare who used to know my parents said that before my parents joined the patrol, that they lived in Southward and traveled to join the Long Patrol, they had not been there too long,  and that mom was already with child…me, born when they arrived, but mom had great healing skills and dad was a warrior, so they both joined in the fight to…well” She looked down “To take you and your horde at the time down, it was when a Sebastian was in charge and now a Lord Ciocan is in charge of the Long Patrol, so answers are there and so there I go. I am sorry and I do hope you find some members, I would am not sure I would join if I had stayed, maybe offered my healing skills I learned, but….well…”

Marek holds up a paw “It is fine Ms. Alise as I fully understand” He offers a smile to the dibbun and pats her on the head, he then stands “ I wish you good luck on your travels and do be careful this trip Ms. Alise, you had had breakfast already?”

Alise smiles “Yes thank you and I will be careful”

Marek nods “Speak to Zaram on your way out, he has some food, drink and other supplies for your trip. The supplies should last a week and by then you should be able to  get to a small settlement.”

Alise nods “Yes and thanks again, I also am good at finding wild foods and apples are still around, as well as nuts. Plus I can fish, there is wild greens as well. I should be fine and I should head off now, come Cora” The young dibbun takes her paw and the two hares take the first step, of many in their long trip in their long trip.

Marek nods and after the two hares head off he finishes a couple pages in his book and then goes to open the tavern for the day.

Board footer