Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-25 11:59:48 AM

Bottlebrush

A Strange Otter In Mossflower!

(Hope I'm putting this in the right place.)

For those who live in Mossflower or Redwall, there may be news of a strange otter showing himself to lone travelers. Wearing a bit of sailcloth as a cape, dressed in ragged pants, and wielding a makeshift spear, the otter appears underfed, if strong of arm and chest. He appears around 10 seasons old; a young adult. The spear is a thick beam with a hole in one end that a dagger's handle slips into before being tied down at the crossguard.
He seems to crash out of the bushes, brandishing his spear and demanding food. Nothing more than that. When he gets what he wants, he disappears back into the woods.
Those who try talking to him are just met with the demand for food again while he waves his weapon. Or his back as he runs off after being given vittles.
Those who lack food find that he just fades back into the woods, never making good on the implied threats waving a weapon entails.
And those who would draw a weapon in defense also find that he backs off, never sticking around to fight.

He seems to be heading in the general direction of Redwall Abbey, but given where he's sighted between one day and the next, it's pretty clear he's just wandering the woods, either lost or with no actual destination in mind.

#2 2021-02-25 02:54:55 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: A Strange Otter In Mossflower!

I think this was a good place to put this smile

Well, if he meets DoraRose, he may find disappearing into the woods a bit more difficult xD

Thanks for the update!  This should lead to a number of amusing RPs xD

#3 2021-02-25 04:46:31 PM

Bottlebrush

BlisaMarshmellow wrote:

I think this was a good place to put this smile

Well, if he meets DoraRose, he may find disappearing into the woods a bit more difficult xD

Thanks for the update!  This should lead to a number of amusing RPs xD

Feel free to find me on the MUCK, usually Wednesdays and weekends. I stream Mon/Tues & Thurs/Fri, until 9 PM EST, so I have less time to RP on those days. smile And feel free to track the otter! smile

#4 2021-02-25 07:22:19 PM

Log-A-Log

Well if Zoltar sees him.....yeah he likely try to slay the otter

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#5 2021-02-26 04:56:25 PM

Ol'random
Website

John is somewhere in Mossflower country and perhaps he and the otter might cross paths

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#6 2021-02-26 05:36:41 PM

Bottlebrush

Log-A-Log wrote:

Well if Zoltar sees him.....yeah he likely try to slay the otter

Could always whoop him and leave him at Redwall as a warning. smile

#7 2021-02-26 05:41:23 PM

Bottlebrush

Ol'random wrote:

John is somewhere in Mossflower country and perhaps he and the otter might cross paths

Sure! Poke me whenever you see me on the muck.

#8 2021-02-26 06:34:03 PM

Log-A-Log

Maybe the otter can run into some shrews

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

Board footer