Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-20 05:02:29 PM

Mother Krisha

A Friend Returns Home- Redwall Log

Who:

Krisha- Badger Mother

Gorvenalus- Recorder

Velm- Lt in Long Patrol

Sinway- Brother in Order and Pond Caretaker

LOG:

Krisha leads a group of dibbuns back in after they had some snow time outside "Inside..inside, come on you can have another fun day outside later"

Gorvenalus watches from the doorway and chuckles "I never could understand why they like the snow so much, makes me cold thinking about it"   

Krisha shrugs "I mean it's...a little fun" She makes sure they are all inside before sighing a little.   

Gorvenalus offers the badger a smile"Things will get better Krisha, it will take time but things will get better"   

Velm pokes his head out" why are you two outside, then again fresh air is good wot" He grins." So how is every beast today, fine I hope"   

Krisha nods, she then looks at Velm "Today? I am...fine so far Velm and yes fresh air is good and it's sunny today" Just a few clouds it seems."Not as cold today as has been either, maybe it's a sign as an early spring would be very welcoming"   

Gorvenalus says, "Indeed but we still have at least 3 or 4 weeks of winter left, but less would be good. I cou;d write in my jornal outside,I have yet to update on the feast we had few days ago"

Velm hmmms. " Snow not that bally well bad. And good for snowball fights much better than real fights and lot safer."   

Krisha frowns at Velm but says nothing."Well maybe tomorrow a snowball fight but not sure I want to join in or not,maybe Sister Anna can."   

Gorvenalus pats Krisha on the shoulder, he nods to Velm "Perhaps I can help if needed, it might be and interesting time but in a couple days.Also Velm, there is gonna be a date set soon to get the weather vane back on the roof, Benar got permission to go int the lofts with a couple others."   

Velm speaks " Sounds good, those sparrows are odd beasts. "

Sinway walks through the open gates, his pack on his back and his fiddle case in paw, stoping to take a deep breath finally making it back home. He first notices Krisha  then Gorrvenalus, and a hare he does not know "Well, afternoon to ye lot, tis been a long time." He smiles and waves walking towards the main abbey building "hope ye didn't miss me to much."

Krisha turns as she hears, then sees Sinway and actually smiles"Sinway, your ok..your home."She will, if can, hug him. The badger is happy to see a friend.   

Gorvenalus waves "It has been a while yes, welcome back Brother Sinway.."He smiles as he sees Krisha happy, that's good as the badger needs cheered up."And you were missed of course."   

Velm waves " Greetings I am Lt Velm. Healer..good ta meet you chap." The hare bows.   

Sinway gives Krisha a quick hug smiling at her "Tis good to see you too marm, hope the dibbuns haven't been giving ye to much trouble." He then turns to velm and smiles folding his arms in his sleeves and returning the bow "And I am Brother Sinway, caretaker of the abbey's pond, tis a pleasure to meet you as well."

Krisha nods "They...haven't no"She sounds a little sad "You missed a lot Sinway ."

Gorvenalus says, "A lot has happen, good and bad , things are fair right now"Or least not bad he decides,there is a couple concerns but nothing that's not being handled."   

Velm says, "He missed a blizzard...annoying it was got stuck in it, one reason we have ta jolly well get the weather vane back on the roof soon, and fix the dibbuns treehouse....probably both soonish"   

Sinway looks over to Krisha "what's wrong marm, ye seem sad." Though his attention is then drawn to Velm and Gorrvenalus "Seems like I have a lot of catching up to do.  I didn't expect to be trapped on the green isles for so long, but weather was horrible around the time I wanted to leave, and figured with winter coming up I would just hang about till it got close to being over." He rubs the back of his head with one paw "I didn't want to come back to a full season of winter after all."   

Krisha nods"That would of been bad yes, least winter is about over."She sighs "Yeah you, missed some things...in late
spring/early Summer this group of slaves took almost all the dibbuns, one a goose escaped and they even had my son. Matilda and some others tracked them down and got them back...we even had some long patrol hares and Lord Ciocan here for a week. In fact this spring we are to have an abbey hare again, his name is Elbio"   

Gorvenalus lets Krisha explain some of what happen, he frowns a little knowing  that's not  all the news the otter has missed "Yes all the dibbuns were gotten back and things were good...."He sighs"Till about a month ago, there was some trouble...not on that scale but still...not good"   

Velm knows most things from hearing of it. the more recent he does know." A missing dibbun, just one lucky...John is on the hunt. I think..two cats, one is dead, and Zolar still bally well out thar somewhere.The chap needs beheaded if ask me"   

Sinway frowns as he listens to all this "That is horrible news, but I am glad all of them are safe, can't abide slavers." He looks around for a second "But it looks like you have more to tell, but let's get inside and by the fire for the rest." He walks to the doors to the great hall "I for one have been traveling for a good while and would like to sit down."   

Krisha frowns and lead them inside to where the fireplace is and sits in her chair , quiet for now till they all get inside.   

Gorvenalus frowns and heads inside with the others, he gets some hot tea and scones made for them before coming inside the Great Hall himself, scones and tea,with mugs, ready as he places them on the table beside them.   

Velm just sits. He is not being super excited about food right now and he is a hare, he knows whatever is said next won't be good news.He sits by Krisha.   

Sinway makes his way in and finds his normal spot before turning to accept the tea from Gorvenalus "Hmm, been a bit since I have had tea, me clan doesn't normally drink something so light, well outside of water." He takes a sip from the mug and eats a scone before turning to Krisha "Ye okay marm, ye seem a bit off, did I miss something else?"   

Krisha sips her tea and manages a weak smile"Well you can still drink..ale, your need to get used to tea again..suppose"She sips more tea before speaking."Your caught up on most news."She sighs "A little over a month ago this cat, named Esmeray showed up..claiming to need help for her and some..friend...but it was a trick and this Wildcat named Zoltar whom had tried to start some issues at Brockhall..came back, he is who knows where now" She stops for now.   

Gorvenalus is unsure of weather to explain too much or let Krisha"We did try and find him since we have a missing dibbun, whom we did get proof is alive"

Velm nods as he gets a scone

Sinway gives a soft chuckle "Aye, there was a lot of ale, bunch of otters together, well there can be a lot of drinking and fights, well more like friendly spars. been rather peaceful over there it seems, not a lot of pirating in the area, which is good." He frowns and listens to Krisha talk then looking over at Gorvenalus "I imagine we got beast out there looking for them, sadly that isn't something i can take part in now, being of the order, father benar would have me tail like a naughty dibbun if i tried."   

Krisha says, "I think...John is looking I am..unsure" She takes a deep breath"My son..is the missing dibbun...me and..."She frowns more, clears her throat"Me and Xander named him after Oz"She was unsure or maybe just not
remembering if Sinway knew or not, he likely did know the cubs name.She seems to be having a hard time going on and finally does "The...the wildcat killed...he killed Xander."No need to go into details of how she went with Dora and Velm to look and found him.

Gorvenalus speaks quietly himself "Yes, Oz is missing and no clue where. Xnder fought Zoltar ...likely when the wildcat grabbed or threatened to hurt the cub..we don't know everything, just there was 2 ferrets but those ferrets are dead"

Velm says, "Yes...very dead ferrets. wot for from Esmeray was not much but Zoltar Zoltar does have a rather nasty scar on his face now."

Sinway frowns looking over to krisha "Im sorry Krisha." He frowns not knowing what to say. he frowns and stands up walking in front of Krisha and kneeling down offering the badger a warm strong smile "They will find yer son Krisha, I know it."He reaches and grabs her paw if she allows Ii know it is hard, believe me I do.....the pain, it will ease and then over time vanish, and then you will remember all of the good memories."   

Krisha frowns, she isn't looking at him till he holds her paw and looks at him, she nods "I..I know, it's just hard smf..I miss Xander and worry that Oz is just gonna end up.."She takes a deep breath again"But I know...have hope."

Gorvenalus watches and listens"He will be found, even if it takes a while.John is good at tracking and we have Silverwing an eagle looking also now"

Sinway continues to give her that warm smile "that's right, I have only known John for a short while, but  I can tell he is one of the best." He gives her paw a soft rub then a pat before letting it go "I  know it is hard Krisha, but ya got to be strong for the dibbuns that you take care of, and you need to be strong for your cub when he is found and returned."He  turns and picks up his fiddle case that he had set down "I need to put my things away, and then I need to pay my respects to Xander.....is his grave here?"

Krisha nods, some tears now,"Yes..in the graveyard"She says quietly   

Gorvenalus nods "Benar is likely in his room if you wanted to let him know your back Brother Sinway"   

Velm says, "Yes likely figuring out when be best ta get the weather vane issue started,....hmms that's gonna be interesting little adventure wot"

Sinway smiles and nods to Krisha "I'll go visit him, I need to visit the graveyard anyways." He turns to Gorvenalus nodding to him "I'll  do just that after  I drop my stuff off at my room." He then stands and gives Krisha a soft pat on the shoulder Ii am sorry Krisha, but I promise it does get easier with time." And with that he walks up the stairs, off to inform the abbot of his return then down to the graveyard he goes.

Last edited by Mother Krisha (2021-02-20 05:11:14 PM)

Board footer