Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-11 05:54:29 PM

Mother Krisha

Things To Fix and Keeping Busy- Redwall Log

Who:

Krisha- Badger Mother

Ciana- Dibbun

Benar- Abbot

Elmef- Elder and Main Groundskeeper

Velm- LP Hare

LOG:

Ciana sneaked out with a couple other dibbuns, math was totally boring and so they slipped off to the orchids only to be disappointed " It fell down,now whata we do?" One mouse seems to have an answer" Vermin make it go downs?" The other dibbun, an otter just shakes her head." No..umms..the tree did it?"   

Krisha has started to go out of her room more now, she has not fully returned to dibbun duties,its sort of part time for now. She is walking around the grounds once she heard a trio of dibbuns were missing.Some areas still need paths made, this area one of them.   

Benar is in the orchard with Elmef, talking quietly with the groundskeeper and chief farmer about the upcoming spring and any work that needs to be done on the orchard before then. The fieldmouse points toward the tree house and the abbot nods and makes his way over to look at it. "Hmm that is going to be a pain to put back up in that oak tree.... oh Krisha hello what brings you out here?" Seems he has not seen the wayward little ones yet.   

Ciana frowns " oh no...we need ta hide" The mouse is already hiding behind the broken treehouse roof. The otter just rolls her eyes." How shoulds I know."

Krisha waves" Just...a walk, also 3 dibbuns are not in the playroom or in class." She is not too worried, well yet she is getting there as last time she got word of a missing dibbun it wasn't good news later on.   

Benar says, "Oh... well  I am sure we can help you track them down if they have come outside," He moved over to the treehouse and looks up at it and sighs, "We may have to build a whole new platform and salvage what we can."

Ciana backs up and goes to move to another area of the orchards when she finds ice and trips, she ends up scraping her ear on a bit of a tree branch that fell,a small branch that likely fell in some strong wind.The mouse dibbun sneezes.The otter groans, " I gives up..we so busted for skipping class"

Krisha nods, a glance at the treehouse." Will have to wait till..spring." She goes silent when she hears small voices and shakes her head to head that direction.   
Benar says, "Yes it would be best to wait for the ice and snow to clear," He starts to walk around the treehouse, examining it and Elmef goes the other way, the Abbot and field mouse circling the treehouse. The dibbuns will be in view any moment now.

Ciana starts to cry and stands up slowly holding her now scraped ear, the mouse whimpers and goes to run cause that's the best way to avoid trouble in their eyes.
The otter just folds her arms over her chest and walks into view." I didn't do it.I did nothing."   

Krisha looks down at the mouse dibbun and picks them up, she walks over to Ciana and checks on her ear." What happened?" She sighs" And why are you dibbuns out here?"   

Ciana just starts to cry. one her ear hurts and two she doesn't want in trouble.Also " Treehouse...wanted to p..play..I fell on ice and that made my ear oucie." She points to the tree branch.   

Benar folds his arms into his sleeves and watches the little ones, but he lets Krisha handle them, this is what she is good at after all.

The mouse sniffs" Tree is bad, it broke the house..." And tears, the otter mutters " Crybabies "   

Krisha first makes sure Ciana's ear is ok," We can get a herbal paste for this.." She still holds the mouse and sighs , " Still you dont skip class...yeah the treehouse is ..broken needs fixed. " A deep breath, she does not feel like dealing with the troubleing otter right now."Over here..now" It be wise to listen.   

Ciana frowns, " I..sorry. Is it gonnabe fixed?" The mouse just wiggles to be let down.But the otter, nope she just stays where she is, "No." She starts to walk off, the other two dibbuns gasp at this,thr mouse whimpers now.

Krisha takes a deep breath and sits the mouse down,she points to the place beside the mouse." Sit please Ciana." And she marches after the otter cub to grab them by the back of their cloak.

Ciana quickly sits,the small mouse eyes widen as they watch.The otter cub, none other than Tanya, is suddenly lifted up and none too happy about it ." Let go let go of me." She kicks at the badger." I said Idid nothing, the two crybabies did!"

Krisha narrows her eyes at Tanya, the kicking is felt but she doesn't say anything right away. She then speaks." Tanya...your going to help clean dishes for the next 3 days and during that time I will decide if you get to go to the winter feast or if your be sitting in the dibbun sleeping quarters, your get dinner that night but not be st the feast, a simple plate and drink would be brought to you.You are also to dry the dishes. "   

Tanya's mouth drops open, she hummphs and crosses her arms over her chest. Ciana and the mouse dibbun sit where they are quietly and just watch.   

Krisha sits the otter down." Go to the kitchens and I -will- ask the friar and others if you did what you or told to do, if I hear you didnt, you for sure won't be at the feast." She will make sure she heads that direction before attention is focused on the other two dibbuns.   

Ciana frowns, she looks at the Badger Mother worried,as does the mouse dibbun.But they wait to see if they have to do anything or not yet.

Benar has been watching all of this from the side, being quiet and letting the Badger Mother take care of the little ones, just lending his silent support by being here.   
Krisha looks at the other 2 dibbuns and speaks. " Do not sneak off like this, beasts worry and we...we don't need more worrying beasts." She sighs as she rubs her forehead," Ciana get an herbal paste for your ear and then both of you are gonna help with some sweeping and dusting today. " They got off a little easier as they didn't talk back and Tanya did. She then frowns and sits down under one of the trees.   

Ciana nods, the two together say " Yes mother Krisha" And head off for chores, but Ciana gives the badger a quick hug before she heads off to help dust.

Benar walks over to Krisha and smiles, "You handled that well," He murmured, then looked at Elmef as the field mouse walks over, "So we can repair the platform but we will have to rebuild the whole house. But we can salvage a lot of things."   
Krisha nods as she listens "I need to get back to full time duties again, I just been.." She shrugs, she is also eating better the past few days as well.   

Velm has made his way to the orchards, " The grounds are bigger then one thinks..hallo." He will not interrupt if something important is being discussed.   
Krisha glaces at the hare and gives a small nod to the hare." Hello Velm" She replies quietly.   

Benar says, "Hello Velm," He smiles at them, "We were just discussing the treehouse,"Tthe abbot nods to Elmef who heads off to continue his rounds of the farm. "And yes Krisha it would help I think for you to keep busy."

Velm says, "I see, your bally well need to figure out how ta get it back together even better and in the tree again fer whomever. " He smiles at Krisha, smiles help right." tis a nice day lass..right?"

Benar smiles at Velm, "We have beasts who are good at that, Elmef has a plan, sounds like we have to rebuild it though," He pulled out a piece of broken wood, "We....can't just lift this back up into the trees."   

Krisha manages a weak smile but then loses it, " Could be nicer...I am sure a treehouse can be rebuilt, maybe a more sturdy floor..I don't know, then guess not all of them will be in the treehouse." She looks at the pieces of wood around her."Yeah..this can be fixed at least."   

Velm nods " Perhaps, if tis spring ya can get Elbio ta jolly well help or least think thats when he supposed ta get here..then I will head back about same time."

Benar says, "Well I am sure Elbio will be a help when he is back," he shakes his head and sighs, "But at least we know what we did wrong this time, I still need to get the weathervane back to the roof of the building as well."

Krisha nods" That will likely be..first to fix.." She frowns

Velm listens. " How do you think be...best ta get on de roof?" He looks at Krisha and frowns a little, he is not good at any cheering up really " I am sure things will get better lass. Or least...bally well hope so"   

Benar says, "Well we could go up inside the main hall, but it is a hell of a climb, I think I'm the only one who still does that, btu we'd need sparra permission to go up through their loft. Once I arrange that I will make arrangements to go up with a team."

Krisha frowns, " Maybe, maybe not..I know I should have hope, its just hard." She listens and speaks." I can...help speak to the Sparra too, the queen is named Chestnut." She sighs thinking over the last few days." But yeah...Benar is only one that can get up to lofts, I can speak to the queen if she is around the grounds but thatsnot very often."

Velm hmmms. " Those sparrow seem to call everything worm, odd language"   
Krisha speaks, " easy enough to learn, you want hard..mole speech I still mess up sometimes but least the foremole is helping me get better at it."   

Benar holds upa hand, "Krisha I can also speak to the Queen, you don't become abbot without learning the dialects of everyone who lives here, hare, mole, sparra, I need to be able to speak to all. But if you could arrange a meeting I would speak with her myself on the matter."   
Velm shrugs." If ya say so lass. " He steps back so they can talk   

Krisha nods," I know Benar and yes, I will if see her or maybe if see her son, he can get her for you." She goes back to thinking and actually smiles a little, " I did find out something a couple days ago Benar you might find interesting and has even helped me..a little anyways, feel..better."

Benar turns to look at Krishna, "What is that Krisha dear? Anything that helps you feel better is good," he then glances at Velm, motioning them back, not wanting to exlude them, "Sparras are often contrary in what they call worm, anything that walks on the ground is a worm to them. I might need your help though Velm, if you are here, I can't carry that weathervane on my own."   

Velm says, " I can help carry it yes sur...just let me know when"

Krisha smiles still s little. " I learned Squirrelbabe's name, she told me when I was..." she frowns,she had a breakdown and didn't know the dibbun was there at first, she finally speaks ." Dochas....she said it means..hope"   

Velm ears perk a little as he also listens, "Hope....interesting, maybe tis a sign then lass. "   

Benar says, "Will do Velm," He frowns, and turns to Krisha, "I am not sure you should have told us that Krisha.... she has always been so very protective about her name. I ... don't think any of us should use it until she gives us permission to do so" .He nods toward Velm, "Once I speak to the sparra and get permission we'll need a team, mostly to carry ropes and equipments so we can build a hoist in the rafters and pull it up then we'll need ot carry it through the loft."   

Krisha nods, " Maybe, you could always ask or...I could. For now we can just keep it to ourselves as I..don't know if she told anyone else or not, Angela knows as she was there when she told me her name."   
Velm nods. " Alright...least heights don't bother me. Just would say we be careful, clear some snow. "   

Benar says, "I will speak to her soon," he frowns, "I have been creating a bond with her, but I am glad she is opening up to you too Krisha," He nods to Velm, "And I am glad, it is avery long way up to those rafters. I am used to the climb but it can take some people by surprise. For now though I need to get going."

Krisha says, "Maybe you could adopt her Benar." She stands." I may go in too, its getting cold." She starts to go, then goes to hug Benar before heading off to check on the dibbuns."

Benar says, "We did talk about that, introducing her to the idea but I am not rushing her on that topic, it would not be the first time I adopted someone. But for now I must go to my office," He nods to the pair and heads off   

Velm says, "Well I have climbed before, the secret is don't look down. " He follows the badger and abbot on inside." I say how close ta dinner time?"   

Krisha sits in her chair and manages a soft chuckle, " An hour"

Velm frowns and looks like he lost his best friend." That's forever lass...I may not last that long."   

Krisha nods " Your live" She will make sure he waits, a hare in the kitchens would be bad.

#2 2021-02-12 07:42:44 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: Things To Fix and Keeping Busy- Redwall Log

hahaha!  oh, man....that ending...hares are so pathetic when they're hungry xD

Board footer