Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-06 05:16:46 PM

KeldornFirepaw

Teas,Teas and More Teas-LP LOG

====Another saved role play, the radio came back but after this role play was done so here it is enjoy! ======

WHO:

Keifer-Healer Hare,Private in Long Patrol

Koda-Helper of Home Guard in Long Patrol

Xander-Retired Warrior

LOG:

Xander was up early and had spent most of the day in the dining chambers and kitchen of Salamanstron. He was making teas, he was smiling and keeping his mind off things.

On the table were herbs of mint, sage, some cinnamon, sugar, and a few other spices with white tea, green tea, black tea, and some dried fruits, even cucumber and a little bit of honey.

Koda slipped in and sniffed the air "It smells...interesting but I..wot is it?" He walks over and looks at the items on the table.

Keifer was curious when he stepped inside and walks over "Wot is going on now?" He sniffs a couple of things and tilts his head "Tea?"

Xander smiles "Yes tea. I like making tea, well I do now as never really paid it too much attention, it was boring at first but now its...nice, calming and kind of fun to make tea and try and invent a new tea flavor that's maybe new. And tea can be hot or cold, in any season too"

Koda blinks "I always just thought tea was...like maybe green or sort of black, and....gross or gross to me anyways, how many different kinds are there?"

Keifer decides he may as well sit down "I know some are used in healing arts like Willowbark tea, even mint tea can be used in healing  and there is a sleep helping tea as well."So the blind hare does know of teas or least some it would seem.

Xander nods "Willow bark tea is very bitter for fevers and like pain, its ok with mint..I have drunk some these past few weeks for some pain" He frowns but then smiles, on to better teas "But tea isn't just medical, its relaxing and can be enjoyed on a normal day "He scoots over some tea "Rosehip tea with honey and just a small amount of strawberry juice, like a pinch."

Koda takes a sip and hmmms softly"It's....ok, simple tea maybe to relax?"

Keifer replies "I like mint tea myself or a simple plain green tea" He adds "You didn't make too much of a mess...did ya, cooks hate a mess"

Xander shakes his head and says "No, I keep things in neat piles and did place wot could, most of it, back where got it only a tiny bit needed to be swept up." He smiles again "I also made a sage tea, a lemon mint tea, a cucumber lime one though its a...required taste, and a blackberry black tea that's...surprisingly good"A smile "Just don't stir or seep too long, it will mess up the flavor and that goes for any tea"

Koda chuckles "Maybe we need a tea time here at the mountain. I didn't know one could do some much with tea leaves"

Keifer rolls his eyes "You have a lot to learn Koda, a lot but I am sure ya will and tea making sounds like an interesting hobby for a badger, there was once a badger lord...long time ago.Sunflash, he wrote poems and did gardening."

Xander nods "I read up on some Badger Lords."He sips some of his own tea, he then chuckles "I also know a half tea/ half ale mix but not sure one should drink it too much, my Uncle Zee made it and I can too though believe he used a lot more ale for his than I do for mine."

Koda blinks "Ale tea...wot?" He is curious but nope not gonna drink it"Why would one..drink that fer?"

Keifer replies "Cause they are a fool most likely."

Xander chuckles and the laugh echos a little so he covers his mouth and smiles"My Uncle Zee liked his ale, and his tea....tea making was...well still is I will make sure, important in the Winters Clan, and that includes me..my son and my mate Krisha."

Koda tilts his head and just listens some, he looks at the teas and sniffs one "    This one smells like...flowers"

Keifer checks "Lavender...different but relaxing, perhaps lavender and mint"

Xander smiles and sips his tea he has and grins "Sounds like a winner, a neato...winner of a tea"He chuckles and frowns at the empty tea mug he has and shrugs, "Out...of this tea, oh well more maybe, I have also written down teas made...." He has 10 different ones he made, encluding the...you guessed it ale/tea mix he seems to of had 3-4 mugs of so far and maybe a little of a mint tea, some he just sampled so far.

Koda studies Xander a little "Umm...you ok or not ok?"

Keifer carefully takes a mug and sniffs it and snorts "Ale been in here?"

Xander nods "May of got...too strong of one, hee hee..."Ok, so he is a little drunk."Maybe tea time is over now, hee....yeah its ummm...wot time is it anyway?"

Koda shrugs "I..dont know...almost dinner time?"

Keifer frowns "So how long have you been inviting some...teas for us to try?" He is also curious how well the badger may have written down recipes.

Xander made most of the teas before his ale/tea mix and one other while drinking his ale/tea mix and of course did manage to, slightly messy writing, write out this tea, maybe a little too strong and have more ale than tea in it....oh well.

Koda looks at Keifer "Wot do we do?" He asks quietly, he isn't too worried if anything Xander seems happy.

Keifer sighs and stands "You on the left, me the right we help him to his room, a good ap right chap...healer's orders"

Xander hmmph and then chuckles but allows them to help him to his room, "You hares are nice....oh the other teas...wot of them...can't leave tea all alone...heee tea all alone....hee"He snorts softly and seems slightly tried now.

Koda helps best he can and replies "Ummm someone can clean up the teas I suppose...right Keifer?"

Keifer shakes his head and still has a little the lavender tea mug he waves under Xander's nose.."Sleep is best sur, a good nap is needed, rest heals and all that"

Xander frowns "I no wanna sleep..."He sniffs the lavender tea and smiles "Flowery...nice..."He drinks half of it and hands it back to Keifer before sitting on the cot and then laying down, he is asleep in a few minutes.

Koda looks on curious about all this and steps out of the room, he will clean up the rest of the tea, though he does try the lemon strawberry one and likes it.

Keifer walks back into the kitchens "Well he is asleep, so that's good..wot ya doing lad?"

Koda replies "Cleaning up, the strawberry lemon tea was nice, some others I poured out and cleaned the dishes, mugs, and table, put things away and oh I have his papers of how he made each tea "

Keifer nods "We can place them somewhere, maybe  place the papers on the nightstand in his room...dinner is soon"

Koda frowns "Won't Xander want dinner though?"

Keifer just replies "I think he will be fine till breakfast lad..."He then leads the younger hare out of the kitchens and chores are done before dinner, the rest of the evening is basic everyday stuff.

Board footer