Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-04 09:12:28 AM

KeldornFirepaw

Change Happens-LP LOG

===== So, seems Riverbot lost  connect sometime yesterday  and the Radio is all..seriously messed up or at the time I posted this it was, luckily I tend to save logs...so here it is enjoy ====

Who:

Keifer-Blind Healer,Private in Long Patrol

Zolomon- Sargeant, Archer,Runner in Long Patrol

Alif-Dibbun Hare

Koda- Private and Helps in the Home Guard of Long Patrol

Xander- Visiiting and recovering former Badger Warrior

LOG:

Keifer was always up early in the morning and most just left him alone. He knew his way around the mountain, yet no one knew just how he did seeing as he was blind, and yet he was also a healer.

Zolomon was used to Keifer and even helped him out"Yo K..how are ya, breakfast is jolly good but then again it always is good am I right?"

Koda looks up and then goes back to eating his food as some others have finished and gone on to daily exercises and chores.

Xander makes his way slowly down the hallway and then into the dining hall. He has a staff he is using while he is here, it likely belonged to a former hare here or its just one of the many practice staffs the hares use in weapon lessons, either way to him its a temporary staff.

Alif is keeping his distance but watching the badger. He moves slightly when the badger moves and stays just barely out of his way till they get to the dining hall and then the young hare rushes over to Zolomon"Hey Hey daddy...Look look!" He points to Xander.

Keifer shakes his head "I know wot time it is sur and when is breakfast not good may I ask" He finds some pancakes and berries, also gets some greensap milk to drink before sitting down"And wot is all the excitement about, tis too early for any excitement."

Zolomon grins "Its Xandy, he is out of his room."He also smiles at Alif and ruffles his headfur"Hey son"He smiles, it was good to call Alif son and it made the Sargeant happy as he had his ups and downs in life and even what he saw as failures but he would do his best not to fail at being a parent.

Koda even smiled"Hallo sur Xander" He says and waves. He was always polite to guests and he liked the badger.

Xander gives a nod and looks from the doorway to the table and taking a deep breath he carefully uses the staff and makes his way across the room. He about falls once but keeps his balance, he makes it to a chair and again regains balance, he does fall once but quietly gets back up and even shoos away alone hare offering help. He gets to where Zolomon and the others are and sit down slowly."Hey"He says quietly"So wot is thar for breakfast anyway?"

Alif smiles wide"Thars is lots stuff..oatmeal and fruits and toast and...."He names about 4-5 other things.

Keifer just sighs, "Ya know wot be neat kid," He says towards Alif "Getting our guest something to eat and drink and it be nice and helpful to"

Koda just listens as he had started to get up to do this but then sits back down to allow the young hare dibbun to get it instead.

Xander smiles "I..."He sighs ok he will accept the help "Oatmeal with fruits, toast, and some mint tea thanks"

Zolomon lets Alif help and chuckles, he nods to Xander "Tis good to see you out of your room Xandy, always good to not stay cooped up wot, also how is little Ozzy?"

Alif does a sort of salute, he needs practice, and gets what Xander mentioned and then sits it in front of him as he smiles, he then gets his own breakfast and soon sits beside Zolomon.

Keifer yawns and rubs some sleep still left in his eye. He speaks"How are you feeling today Xander? Are your therapy exercises helping you?"

Koda stands and excuses himself as he needs to head off to do some stuff this morning and he then walks off.

Xander just eats, drinks, and then replies "it's..so so I suppose."He doesn't sound too happy really "Still working on using the staff to walk, my paw still shakes at times, though not as bad....the exercises have helped the leg..some, I don't know...still stiff and sore sometimes and..I just don't know and my whole right side once in a while feels stiff and hurts sometimes."

Zolomon waves to Koda and frowns at Xander "I am sure it will...get better Xandy...right Keifer?"Ok, so he is worried about his best friend as well.

Alif just listens and has mixed toast in with oatmeal, berries, and a little apple juice, but hey it tastes good to him.

Keifer replies "I am unsure, it's still amazing ya got this far, your likely to have issues ya whole life...but hey look at t this way, compared ta others who had that poison...your alive, they are dead, end of story."But he does add "Your alive, you are able ta stand and ya seem to be getting better with de staff.....ok so you have some issues the rest of ya life with ya right side, the leg may remain stiff and hardly moving..so wot..I mean no one thought you WOULD be doin' any sort of walking at all, yes ya have a staff but ya could be in a wheeled chair."

Zolomon smiles "He is right Xandy, your alive and...."He frowns "You rightly should be dead, you bally well looked dead when they got ya here....I thought you were and others did too. Ciocan stayed in de infirm a few hours and demanded they tell him any changes, good or bad, right away."He smiles "They ya woke up...yeah you went unconscious again off and on another day or two but ya were not comatose and then you stayed awake and was on de slow road ta recovery."

Alif hugged the badger's arm and smiled up at him "I am glad yous alive too, yous is nice"

Xander smiled slowly and a soft chuckle "Yeah, me too"He says to Alif, he glances at Zolomon and Keifer and the smile is still there, "I am glad to be alive and....well I did say I was putting aside my warrior life. I just, you know if he chooses, to train my son..suppose someone else can help me." He has let the caretakers watch oz the past few days, but oz is in the room with him at night. He smiles more "My plan is to be able to use the staff or maybe a cane and walk a lot better so when it's time to head back to the abbey, I won't have any or least few issues"

Keifer nods "Keep a positive mind best ya can sur, that's always good and I can have someone write up wot you can still do once your home."

Zolomon nods "Maybe I can tag along Xandy, I mean we can....see.I am sure his Lordship and de others have found those vermin scums by now and could well be on their way home" Or he hopes so anyway.

Alif goes climbing into Xander's lap and yawns, he is tried after breakfast and will likely just....yeah a nap is nice.

Xander nods, he smiles at the young hare dibbun and looks at Zolomon "Yeah..hope so anyway, I miss them and do worry"He sighs a little as some worry seeps in as what if they don't return...no he won't think on that change the subject "So Zolomon...wot is interesting and neat is your a Sargeant...and just recently a father since you adopted Alif here, I say that's really neat and surprising but also good"
Keifer stands "Change happens...sometimes good and sometimes bad and we all ajust"

Zolomon nods as he grins "And Sargenat status was a surprise ta me to Xandy" He picks up Alif carefully as to not wake him"I need to place him back ta bed.....ya want to go to the beach maybe Xandy? You could get some fresh air or even de crater...and ya have yet to venture outside even if it's only a few minutes."

Xander looks at Keifer and then forgets, oh yeah blind "Wot do you think Keifer?"

Keifer seems to guess they want a reply "You are you and I am me...so your decision, fresh air is good...anyways I will be in de infirm if needed, ya can send someone ta get me. Have a good day" And he leaves the two to chat among themselves.

Board footer