Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-20 06:28:39 PM

KeldornFirepaw

The Grumpy Healer-LP LOG

WHO:

Kiefer- Healer and Private in LP

Julia- Future LP Hare

Oz- Badger Cub

Zolomon- Sargeant and Runner in LP

Xander- Badger and dad to Oz

LOG:

Keifer was checking supplies with the help of a recruit, of course, he double checked best he could, least this recruit was trustworthy enough,"Good good and we have some things growing in the herbal gardens, hopefully, its weeded well" He is grumpy as he  walks the rest of the way inside "So still only one in here now?"

Xander looks over and remembers the healer, "Yeah, like I can really go somewhere kind of stuck in here for now."   

Zolomon makes his way inside " Hallo, visiting my best pal and an update, the ship has sailed off and everyone on it on thar way to where ever"

Keifer shakes his head "They went to....well yes it's not clear was it but his Lordship knows wot he is doing" He checks on Xander "Pains today?"   

Xander sighs, "Not much pain, its still..numbish..maybe some pain in my side, my arm feels better and I can move a little better"   

Zolomon sits close to Xander and watches the healer, for now just out of the way.   

Keifer nods,"Paw still shaky?" He exams the badger closely, checking his leg by useing a quill pin to move along it,"If feel this do tell me." He does fairly well for a blind hare.   

The crying of a leveret can be heard as a Dibbun Caretaker carries an auburn-furred doe into the Infirmary. This is obviously Felicity's little sister, Julia -- they're the only 2 hares in all of Salamandastron with auburn fur. "She was throwin' a 'uge fit o'er 'er sister bein' gone, an' she tripped an' 'it 'er 'ead on a counter." Julia clutches her dolly close as she continues to cry, holding a bump on her head.   
Xander frowns saying nothing, he manages to sit up slightly but falls back onto his pillow with a sigh, he looks over at the entry when he hears the dibbun and caretaker enter. He then speaks to Keifer"I..don't feel anything...well maybe a little near the hip , I think...I don't know"He sounds depressed over the whole thing.   

Zolomon frowns, he then moves when Julia is carried inside.   

Keifer hmmms, he is then distracted and walks over to see how Julia is "Oh my...well let's see, she should be ok..crying usually means one if ok..its no crying that's a worry." He can slowly find and feel the bump,"Something to hold on it and..something for pain"

Julia sniffles, hugging her dolly closer. "I want Lissie!" She wails, then goes to bat the Healer's paw away. "Nonono, I no wanna be in 'Firmary! I want LISSIE!!" She starts wriggling, and the Caretaker has a hard time keeping hold of the wailing leveret. It only gets worse when she drops her doll on the floor -- then she starts screaming at the top of her lungs! Looks like somebody's having a bad day.

Zolomon gets the doll to hand back to her and smiles, " I say sit her down. "   

Keifer backs up and sighs, likely the child will be fine as small ones get bumps and bruises...oh the joy of childhood.He snorts and goes back to check on xander"So no..feeling yet, hmmms" He sounds concerned but not too much he can do right now but check for swelling, signs of infection and reapply herbs and a dressing of bandages."But please do lower the volume, infirms are supposed ta be a quiet place"   
Xander frowns, he does sort of tense up once but thats it, another small jolt of pain and then nothing again.He goes to slowly sit up best he can again, slowly this time.   

The leveret carefully takes her dolly back, sniffling and eyeing Zolomon. "Fank yous," she says quietly. The Caretaker sets her down on a cot, scowling. "Y'need t'calm down an' stop fussin' so much, Julia! Felicity will be back, y'just need t'be'ave, wot!" This causes another wave of tears from the Dibbun, who hugs her doll close as she cries. "I jus' want Lissie an' Dommy...."   

Zolomon frowns and tries " They will be back, they went to help get back some dibbuns, i can help old Pete keep watch if like."   

Keifer nods"Yes they will return, when they...well return" He is not too helpful really as he finishes the bandages and does help Xander to sit up better and sits down nearby staying in here for now.   

Xander nods his thanks and looks over at the small hare "Hey...its ok to worry just, not too much"He smiles faintly, he is likely in the infim a while.   

The Caretaker looks at Zolomon. "'Ere -- I need t' 'ead back t'th'other leverets. Bring 'er back when she's calmed down." The grumpy Caretaker leaves. Julia sniffles and looks between the 3 adults she's bene left with. "But I wants 'em back right /now/." She cuddles her dolly closer, still looking distraught.   

Zolomon frowns " Well it will...take a while..maybe ya can make a new friend while here...be right back!" He heads off.

Keifer frowns "Where is he running off to? We dont need any more beasts in here, we have enough as it is" He seems..moody as he pouts now and hmmphs.   

Xander shrugs as to where Zolomon went, he looks back to Julia and the caretaker "Ummm...she sees ok right now and..its normal to miss a beast, don't you have someone your missing too?"   

As she walks out the door, the Caretaker sniffs scornfully at the badger. "That one," she points to Julia, "is nothin' but a troublemakah an' a brat. She leads th'DAB, an' I don't care how sweet she looks, she's a little monstah! She's just tryin' t'get attention with all 'er weepin' an' wailin'." And then the Caretaker is truly gone, having left to go back to her job. Julia watches Zolomon leave, then looks at the badger, who seems to like her well enough. "But I try t'be good now....I promised Lissie...." tears trickle down her face.   

Zolomon returned with a small badger he sits on the floor, the badger whimpers a little and crawls under a table, the hare unmms " I can...oh..k" THe cub dont Iike zolomon, so the hare sits down" ok bad idea guess"   

Keifer listens and then frowns "Who is that, why another dibbun in here, dibbuns shouldn't even be in here,I should complain to General Quinten or...well someone"He is not having the best day now."A dibbun could damage asomething in here."   

Xander frowns, he then clears his throat "Zolomon..."He watches as his son goes under a table and frowns, he can't get him so someoen will have to.   

Julia's sniffling quiets down as Zolomon brings in the badger cub. "You has a baby?" She tucks her dolly into her belt, then gets on the floor and waves to the other Dibbun. "Hi, baby! I /Julia/. Wanna come play?" She smiles, but she still looks sad. She sticks her tongue at at Keifer, not understanding that he can't see her. "I gotsa a bump on my 'ead, so's if you's tell Quinty, I jus' say you a bad 'Ealah who not like Dibbuns!"   

Oz looks at Julia and crawls over to her curiius, she is shorter than the others as he giggles and makes those spit bubbles.Zolmon chuckles a little too but otherwise sits quite like " Do cheer up K...ya grumpy beast"

Keifer hmmphs "I will grumpy beast you"Ok so maybe he isnt a fan of dibbuns, hopefully taht wil change in time but its clear he dislikes them somewhat "I am going to see what is needed to be done..do behave yourselfs"   

Xander seems happy when Oz comes out of hiding "His..name is Oz, he's named after my uncle. A ferret had him and...well the others helped get him free, so he will be here with me for a while"   

Julia's smile widens as the baby crawls to her. "Hi, Ozzy! Tha' a good name!" She looks up at the adult badger, her paws still out to the badger cub to welcome her to his lap. "Why you gonna be 'ere foh a while? Are you waitin' 'til Lissie an' them get back?"   

Zolomon starts to say something and decides not to . Oz meanwhile just smiles wide and giggles, a new trick is clap his pawa together.

Xander smile fades a little "I got...badly hurt, poisoned and have to recover...I mean I will, or..least hope so"He puts out a paw, it shakes fairly bad though not quite as bad as before and he lowers his paw, it stops after a morment or so of shakeing, he sighs"I also..can't walk right now"   

Julia giggles, too, and claps along with the badger cub. She then smiles confidently up at the adult badger. "You'll get bettah, I promise! Da 'Ealah's 'ere are good at 'elpin' beasts. Dey even 'elped Dommy when 'e was sick in 'is 'ead." It was also due to her sister, but she doesn't really understand that. "Dey get you /aaaaaa'/ bettah!" She scoots closer to the baby and goes to try to gently clap her paws against his in a paddy-cake sort of thing.   

Oz seems confused at this new game and blinks, after a little while he smilea again.

Keifer returns "Well things seem in order, hmmms may need to get a helper with the infirm soon, make sure all is neat and tidy"

Xander shrugs "Maybe...guess we will see.."He dosnt askj who Dom is but can only guess some hare here, he looks around "Gonna be a while till I can leave de infirm"   

Julia looks up at the adult badger, her green eyes wide. "Can's I comes visit you an' play wi' baby Ozzy?" She turns back to the cub and smiles, continuing to do the gentle paddy-cake with him. "I likes babies," she adds, obviously feeling much better than she did a few minutes ago

Oz has, sort of caught on to the game, its fun anyways and Zolomon seems to have sliped off to do..well something.

Keifer speaks quietly "If she does play, she can play elsewhere in the dibuns room"   

Xander smiles, "Well Oz will likely be...where ever caretakers are usually. I will be here.."He sighs again, maybe he can get a wheeled chair he will think on it but he needs to get to where he can stand and maybe use a cane soonas possible.   

Julia deflates slightly, and while she continues to play the game with the baby, her smile is gone. "Da Caretakers are meanies. Dey yell at me a' da time, even when's I bein' good an' hasn't been bad." She shakes her head vehemently. "I no like dem. Dey mean to Ozzy, too, I bet." She hasn't actually seen them interacting with the badger cub, but she is definitely making assumptions."

Oz yawns, he shows no signs of good or mean care takers.   

Keifer says, "The care takers are not..mean , they help watch the dibbuns, then suppose ya dislike all of em...I am SO out of here"He storms off,that wise as he mutters "Young....beasts""

Xander frowns at the healer "Wot got him all...grumpy?" He looks back to the young hare "There is none you like?" He asks quiekty "And...well he is right your not be able to stay in here, annoying enough I have to be in here"   

Julia yawns right back at the badger cub, having been made to yawn by his yawn. She glares at the Healer. "Dey too mean! Dey sometimes no let me play or draw, even when I been good, an' a' da ovver leverets get to play!" She scowls. "On'y Dommy I like, but he left with /Lissie/. ...we', I like" and she lists off 2 others who stayed. As the Healer walks by, the leveret scoots away from him, glaring and trying to move the badger cub away from him, obviously viewing the other hare as an enemy.   

Oz blinks, ok why is she seemly wanting away from the healer so he clings onto the hare slightly a small whimper.

Keifer is a little out of ear shot, but there is a hmmph from the hallway as he dispeared into it.   

Xander hmmms slightly "Well...maybe tell someone if a caretaker is...ummm..being too strict? But young ones do need to listen to adults, unless the adult is someone bad and dont think anyone bad is here...some beasts do tend to not like dibbuns or young beasts as much though..even a couple at the abbey seemed to avoid dibbuns"   

Julia goes to hug the cub close. "It okay, baby, 'e gone." She looks up at the adult badger. "But who I tell? Lissie always busy." She looks sad. "I trw t'be good, but I get in trouble, anyway." She also does have the reputation of leading the DAB, so that doesn't help anything.   

Oz yawns and snuggles close to his..new friend? And is soon sleepjng.

Xander nods, "Ummm...me or...wot bout Quinten isnt he in charge since Ciocan is...well off on a mission"He frowns, without him,he wanted to go and is clearly worried about the others or least a couple cerrain beasts.   

Julia cuddles the sleeping baby. She is a Dibbun herself, and they tend to be wrapped up in their own worlds and worries that she doesn't really notice how worried he looks. "But Quinty /scary/ 'cause I don't know if 'e /likes/ me," she says. Most females have this worry, it's just the older ones tend to not talk about it so openly.   

Xander hmmms "He is? I guess i will have to see...not seen him yet, then he likely been busy this week"   

Julia wrinkles her nose. "I sure 'e like /you/ -- grown ups like each othah. 'Tis leverets grown ups don't like." She looks down at the baby in her arms, suddenly feeling stuck. She doesn't want to wake him up, but she also wants to move.   

Xander says, "some grown ups like ...dibbuns and Leverts, Krisha does"   

Julia she blinks. "Who Krisha? I nevah met 'er." She shifts a little, trying to get more comfortable while also not waking up the baby.   

Xander smiles "My mate...and the badgermother or dibbun caretker at the abbey.."He frowns "She must be so worried bout me, and Oz and the dibbuns.."   

Julia frowns slightly. "But she like Dibbuns an' leverets?" She then looks confused and a little concerned. "Why she be /worried/? You safe 'ere wif us!"   

Xander frowns "She doesn't know that, they..thye know nothing at the abbey, like I know nothing of the ship or when..if be ..back and...someone could...die and it could sink" He frowns "Its..."   

Julia's eyes widen, and tears start to form in her green eyes. "Dey gonna die? Da ship is gonna sink and Dommy and Lissie wi'....will...." she's on the verge of crying again.   

Xander frowns, ok he needs to not cause others to worry "No...no it won't sink. And I dont know if anyone is gonna die or not..."He sighs as he reaches out a paw and snorts....stupid shaky paw, why. He calms and lays his arm down..."Sides they have a great captain..i'm...i'm sorry..."He frowns "I just..dislike ..the sea, my birth parents died cause of a storm at sea and the ship...me and my mom gotto the lifeboat but it crashed on rocks, We made it to the shore...maybe hald a day from the mountain here in fact, I was a ..very young dibbun then, couple seasons old"   

Julia sniffles, but she finds the similarities between their stories. "My mummy an' daddy dead, /too/. Dey died fightin' da rats whot killed my bruvvah." She sniffles again. "I 'ope /Lissie/ no die...she my ownly fam'ly...."   

Xander frowns, he sighs again "Ok...we should...do things to get our minds off things, like me worring about my other son Caleb, and worring about friends..Martin will protect them and make sure they get back to us safe and Ciocan is with em too, and all the best fighter hares"   

Julia sniffs and wipes her snotty nose on her sleeve. "Dey be okies? I wants dem to be okies." She looks down at the sleeping badger cub on her lap. "Whot's we s'possed t'do? I has a baby, an' 'e's asleep."

Xander hmmms "I am unsure"He smiles a little "I am Xander by the way and...they should be ok"

Board footer