Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-26 11:19:32 AM

Elbio Hare and Alts

A Sad Day For A Visitor- Guosim Log

WHOM:

Vilfred-Log-A-Log

Vlora- Warrior Shrew

Berwin-Cook/Warrior Shrew

Minsc-Hamster and Champion of Willowbark Abbey

Log:

Vilfred quietly informed the abbot he would be back in a couple days, traveling with him was a couple of his shrews, he had some stay at the abbey. He left his son in the care of the Badger Mother.

Berwin walked silently beside Log-A-Log as he keep a sort of guard watch, “Maybe we can check on the camp.”

Vlora scans the path and adjust her cloak “It’s still cold outside, I hate winter”

“Is always cold in winter, is being what winter is about..lot of snow this winter but least it has slowed some and not snowed for few days.” Vilfred says quietly. As they near where camp is he looks around. “We find…good place for Lyra..know good spot, where always liked to sit and talk..is not far down this path.”

Berwin nods “If ya say so Log-A-Log, tis all well and good ta honor her request on where she wanted buried when she died.” He frowns “It should not have been so soon though.”

Vlora speaks “Death comes when it darn well feels like it, no one tells death what to do or not do, if its gonna take ya…it’s gonna take ya, even if you have healers around. I think those near death and survived are just lucky..had an uncle I swear made some sort of deal with death to be around another few seasons though…said over and over again how he was gonna die when he was good and ready to die. Freaked me and my sister out all the time. Thought he was dead a lot of times, only to have his eyes snap open and he slapped us upside the head, one day we left him alone when he fell asleep in the middle of a story…only he..didn’t fall asleep”

Vilfred frowns at the story but says nothing to the shrew and soon finds the place they were looking for, a sort of small hill like slope with a small weeping willow tree and a couple thorn bushes. “Here…in spring the bush grows pink and white roses. She loved this spot a lot and the willow vines..calming and…peacefull”Tears go down his face.

Berwin is beside him and lays a paw on his shoulder “We are here fer you  Log-A-Log.”

Vlora nods as she stays where she is, she is here for support mainly and to guard against any stupid vermin in the area.

Vilfred nods, he stands up straight and looks to the couple moles that also tagged along, a simple nod that they can dig the grave and lower Lyra into it slowly. Lyra is laid in a simple coffin, some pink and white paper roses laid on her. The Log-A-Log says a few words and closes the coffin as he backs up.

Berwin watches and sighs, this is a sad day…it was sad 4 days ago when Lyra died.

Vlora frowns, she hated death even if she didn’t get to know Lyra that well, she was still a friend. She clears her throat and sings a soft song.
To the living, I am gone,
To the sorrowful, I will never return,
To the angry, I was cheated,
But to the happy, I am at peace,
And to the faithful, I have never left.
I cannot speak, but I can listen.
I cannot be seen, but I can be heard.
So as you stand upon a shore gazing at a beautiful sea,
As you look upon a flower and admire its simplicity,
Remember me.
Remember me in your heart:
Your thoughts, and your memories,
Of the times we loved,
The times we cried,
The times we fought,
The times we laughed.
For if you always think of me, I will never have gone.

Vilfred listens quietly. He wipes away his tears and turns to the others, “We…check on the camp and then we head back to the abbey before worry floods the others minds”

Berwin nods “Yes, beasts do tend to worry sometimes don’t they”

Vlora shrugs “Worry is another thing one can’t always control….lets go”

They get to the camp after a few minutes and all seems fairly well. The small huts are still standing, no damage…no damage to the dining hall or the infirmary either, though a couple supplies were still there. A quick check on the boats and the log boats are still in very good shape, still hidden well in the reeds where they shall remain hidden and unseen. The smoke pit for fish and shrimp is also surprise there and unaffected, which is good news.

Vilfred stands by the old storage building or, what’s let of it” Is glad camp is in good shape, was concerned, but not so much now”He smiles now “We can head back to abbey."

“Is traveling back in dark wise my dear friends” Comes a voice that may or may not seem familiar to some.

Berwin right away has his raspier out and looking around the riverbank quickly for where the voice is coming from.

Vlora wipes out her short bow and has an arrow, she also has a dagger if it’s needed, “Show yourself and if  your meaning to do any one harm…best to rethink that path in life.”

Vilfred holds up a paw for them to relaxed”Who is this being? It is..sounding familiar but not being able to place it”

Out steps a hamster who chuckles “It has been while my friends! I have come far  for a visit to see how friends and comrades have been doing and missing you all ever so much.” He notices the other shrews and bows “I am Minsc…Champion of Willowbark Abbey. My ride could only go so far down the river, so I walked and told them I would see them again in few weeks. All is well at Willowbark abbey so I come to say..hello.”He  hmms “Seems have missed something?”

Berwin studies the hamster and relaxes “Well least a friend.”

Vlora is still a little unsure “Who now?”

Vilfred grins “Minsc!! Missed you I have and yes yes  missed lot.I am Log-A-Log now…sadly Allea was killed in an ambush in early summer. We have a new camp which will repair here when its Spring, we are staying at the abbey till then, I also have son now…but have yet to name him.”

Minsc grins “Congrats Vil….Log-A-Log. You and Lyra must be most proud.”

Berwin helps to lead the way back to the abbey, they won’t make it back for dinner but the shrews will likely have a late dinner at the fire pit cause…well that’s what they do.

Vlora frowns but will let Log-A-Log do any other updates.

Vilfred speaks “Lyra has..died, we just had funeral and then was checking on camp before go back to abbey, Lyra..died in child birth..is not best time for much happy times but is always good to see friend whom is visiting, it cheers me”

Minsc frowns now “Ohhh…I am sorry..death is not a friend in any way. But yes I am being glad to visit as well even if not the best time. I say think on happy times and not sad…she would not want you to be sad. I know the pain of losing a mate. I lost mine many seasons ago, and a son after that…there was time to morn and then move on.”

Vilfred nods “I am knowing this…will take getting use to but…I will get through it, this I am knowing.”

The rest of the walk is pretty quiet, and when they get back it is late but they gather at the fire pit, let the others know they are back and there is a sort of camp out at the fire pit that night for the shrews, to chat and eat stew and share memories of family and friends.

Last edited by Elbio Hare and Alts (2020-02-29 11:55:20 AM)

I play
Elbio-LP Hare
Vilfred-LOG-A-LOG

Board footer