Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-19 03:55:42 PM

Elbio Hare and Alts

Wait Log-A-Log is..Where?!-Redwall Log

==I spoof Lyra and the shrews==

WHO:

Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder

Matilda-Redwall Champion

Benar-Abbot of Redwall

Lyra- Mate to Log A-Log

Krisha- Badger Mother

Texo-Architect of Ferravale

A  small group of Shrews

LOG:

RW Abbey: Old Office
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The old upper floor office has had a complete make-over, the floor has been
waxed and polished until it shines once more. The windows have had the boards
removed and there are now wall hangings and a carpet to help keep out the chill.

Several sets of hammocks have been set up along either wall, enough for all
members of the GUOSIM who are staying in the abbey until Spring after the
snows and winter storm drove them from their camp by the River Moss.

It is a homely, warm, comfortable room with a lot of clothing, personal
objects and other items belonging to the fierce shrews of Mossflower scattered
abourt.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Benar is standing in the doorway inspecting the room, he looks genuinely impressed with how warm and cosy and old dusty and forgotten office looks now that Krisha and her team have fully cleaned it out and made it fit for use.

Gorvenalus walks up to Abbot "It seems we found at least a temporary use for this room, and at the same time helping out friends."

Benar asks, "Yes, I am glad we can give the GUOSIM some space to call their own and not just lump them into the general dormitory, I wouldn't want to split them apart," he turns to his recorder, "What actually happened to their camp? No one told me.""

Gorvenalus replies "I did hear of the storage building having too much snow on the roof and caused the roof to cave in, luckily no one was in it at the time and a lot of supplies were ruined, what they did save I believe they brought with them to share with the abbey."

Benar nods his head, "Well that is unfortunate," he shakes his head, "Well I am glad no one was hurt but that is a shame, I know they worked so hard to get all the supplies they needed for the winter."

About that time voices are heard, "How am I to be knowing where he is..something bout someone to fix the shed".."Yeah yeah am why did he not tell us, shouldn't we know?" A shrew Lyra seems to be making sure they behave "Ya both shut up before I slap ya both upside the head" It gets quiet before the 3 shrews slowly enter the room, it's hard to say where the other shrews are, likely around the abbey somewhere.

Benar turns to regard the shrews as they come inside and inclines his head to them, "Welcome to Redwall Abbey my friends, I trust you have everything you need up here? I'm told they even cleaned out the fireplace and chimney for you all"

Gorvenalus nods a hello as well, "I think it will be nice to have our shrew friends here with us for the winter."

The shrews nod, one pouts as the one getting them to be quiet steps forward s "The GUOSIM thank you sir abbot, we have enough yes and even some of our supplies to share like smoked fish and some of our shrew bread. De only thing we need now is to figure out why Log-a-Log is late coming back from checking on the campsite and something bout speaking to someone on maybe fixing the storage building once it's spring again"

Benar asks, "Well I am sure if he hasn't turned up in a day or so we can ask Matilda to go up there with a few of you to check on him?""

Gorvenalus nods "I say that would be a good idea, we wouldn't want anyone to remain missing after all."

The main shrew, Lyra nods "Well let's hope he is alright, but yes, the room is very nice and a bit away from everyone, plus we can all be in one place for winter" " We can also be helping out the abbey some too, where ever needed we help cause you helped us"

Benar says, "Well, thank you all for helping us out, we can always do with some extra hands," he smiles, "Now if you will excuse me I will be in my office," "

Gorvenalus nods "Of course Benar, if we need you we will come get you"

Texo has arrived at the abbey, and is looking for someone, actually a couple someones as he was directed upstairs and frowns "I don't have the time to....fine..of course...maybe here too was not the best plan"Ok so he is a little lost till he hears voices and peeks his head in"Ello?"

Lyra nods and then turns to see the weasel, the shrews just sort of stay quiet as it's clear they are not really trustworthy of vermin but they do try to keep a level head as one may say as perhaps this vermin is a friend of the abbey as there is some that are...and some that are not.The look over at Gorvenalus as clearly he should handle this, right?

Gorvenalus tilts his head and then smiles as he recognizes the weasel "Oh Texo, how are things..making any more plans for things in Ferravale?" He nods "This is the GUOSIM, friends of ours staying here till spring"

Texo frowns, great not who he wanted to find first then again maybe it's best " Log-A-Log..mentioned that..."He backs up a little slightly concerned .."One reason came here, he and Nardo need help, though I am working on the help and others said to go here.So I did.."He is just the messenger,though he did see what happen.

The shrews didn't pay the weasel much attention, TILL he mentioned Log-a-lOG then its as of debating whether he is a threat or just was told something, one thing is clear he now has very grumpy shrews, one who whistles..oh boy! Well most of them are here and let Lyra go straight to the weasel "You are speaking now! What do ya know? What happen? Did ya do something?" Nothing like surrounded by angry grumpy shrews who already are not a fan of you being here.

Gorvenalus frowns right away as this happens but he is the only abbey beast here right now as he steps closer "Ok ok calm my friends...please, let's let him speak..please, it seems he is not the cause or he wouldn't be here"He glances at Texo and back to the shrews ,then Texo "May be wise to talk now and explain Texo..trust me"

Texo screams, falls onto his behind and hugs his legs to his chest as he looks wide eyed, ok so it seems they have no weapons and oh look the beaver stopped them as he calms, speaks "I didn't do..anything!..I"He takes a deep breath and speaks "I didn't...we were discussing building and stuff..I am just an Architect at Ferravale..ok him and Nardo, who is the Master Healer at Ferravale..followed me to the old mill, the floor sort of..kind of..caved in and they both fell into a cavern,I almost did and I was gonna get help and then there was this fire and the mill sort of..collapsed more but..but"He tries to assure them "There is like tunnels..tunnels under that area of..the village and I am gonna look at old maps in my office cause ..there was a mine and maybe they will find the right tunnel to it...I am sure they are...fine"Are they, is he totally sure?..Well ok, he isn't sure they are ok but he clearly hopes so now..thats for sure.

The shrews listen carefully and Lyra motions to go to the other side of the room to huddle together, one seems to keep an eye on Texo, yeah no weapons but they can still look fairly scary still.

Gorvenalus frowns as he listens "Tunnels?" He looks over at the shrews and goes to stand beside Texo and offers a paw to help him up so he can stand.

Texo accpets the help and looks at the shrews, he speaks to Gorvenalus "What are they doing?"He has calmed...somewhat"I swear this isn't my fault...the mill not be used in a few..well..seasons, but one area by the window was...well....and yes Tunnels, some old mine system or..something, it's not very large and maybe 2...3 tunnels , there ia a mine somewhere,forgot where..south of Ferravale gates, there was supposedly two mines in the area, one I know had the entry collapse oh...3-4 seasons ago, maybe longer, no clue what it was used for but its been ..well seasons..."

Benar walks back up the stairs frowning, "what is going on up here?" He walks back into the room and frowns at everyone, "I can hear you all from my office"

The shrews seem to discuss for a while before one walks back over to them and speaks "You.."He points to Texo."Are gonna show us where the mill was and is there a map of these tunnels you mentioned ?" Lyra sighs and glaces at Gorvenalus "Would naps of such be in the abbey or.."She frowns "Ferrvale?"

Gorvenalus first replies to the shrews "I am unsure of maps of tunnels here, maybe Ferravale.."He nods to Benar "It seems there is an issue"

Benar folds his arms inside the sleeves of his habit and stares at everyone over his glasses, "If there is a problem a little less shouting about it would be appreciated, this is a place of peace."

Texo is still on edge as if worried once outside they will attack him or something "I..I.."Ok calm down, " I might have something in my office in Feravale or the town hall has old..old maps in this one section.The village was around a while ago and abandoned, the Scioto found it and..well it ended up as the village is now over the seasons, he may of know but it's not like I can ask him..maybe his daughter..." He looks to the abbot and walks over "I am..sorry...I should of explained..better, sooner why I was here."He frowns "The old mill in Ferravale..it's sort of...gone now..and the floor caved in, it was..old...but that's not the issue, it caused the problem..their Log-a-Log and Nardo fell through the floor into this cavern and then had to go into this tunnel that I know is there...or least hope they are in the tunnel if not then course be a lot..worse"

Lyra has managed to calm the shrews as she speaks "Then we find Log-a-Log and..this Nardo too and not be saying maybe not in the tunnels"

Gorvenalus says, "I am sure they are fine but there is the issue of helping them find a way out or..someone a way in to find them and help them""

Benar says, "Oh dear... that does not sound good," he glances at Gorvenalus, "I don't think we have many records of that part of the forest... not of tunnels and mines but we can send Matilda with you if it would be of help my friends?" he offers to Lyra and the shrews."

Texo frowns ,he looks at the shrews that at least have calmed down "I guess should of been more..careful I didn't know the one area was...had rotten wood and then something else happened when I went to find help.."He shakes his head, then speaks "There may be maps in town hall and..help is good, that's why came to find help"

The shrews look at the weasel and Lyra asks "What else?" She then nods to Benar "Any help would be good..our group is small right now only maybe 8 or 9 in total if count Log-A-Log, we don't need any more problems right now"

Gorvenalus speaks "I can find Matilda if you want Benar, with any luck get everyone safe and sound by the Winter Feast"

Benar asks, "Thank you Gorve," he turns back to the shrews and Texo and frowns, "We should be able to lower ropes down into this tunnel network and join them from there? Or is it too dangerous to go in that way?""

Texo frowns, "A..fire sort of made the mill..collapse more but I have no clue how the fire started, a collapsed floor wouldn't of caused....that.."He frowns as he remembers "Unless...there was this..beast who thought it funny as to what happened and refused to get any help..."He seems worried.."Oh no...very very possible..I may need to figure that out too"

Lyra frowns more, but as long as she is ..somewhat calm the shrews will be as well as she motions for them to go sit and talk elsewhere...and now questions "Some beast thought it funny and laughable beasts are possibly hurt or worse...who?"

Benar says, "That... is somewhat disturbing," he frowns, "First a floor collapses then a fire starts... that doesn't sound like this was just an accident Texo...""

Texo starts to speak "That way is possibly..covered up...but maybe there is still..some.."He frowns and backs away from the shrew "Not me..some other beast, he had tried to start trouble at the tavern a couple nights ago.."He seems to think "Unless...that beast tried to...that's not a good thing..maybe I should tell Blisa of the beast, he is another weasel...he did say a couple things but..I didn't think too much of itI was concerned with finding help for the caved in floor, the fire was an hour later"

Lyra is clearly concerned, then Log-a-log is her mate after all "Said what things?" She doesn't totally trust Texo but her and the shrews are trying to accept the fact that some vermin are friends...and some clearly not friends.

Benar frowns, "Perhaps we should talk to Blisa directly, if someone is causing this sort of trouble she really does need to know Texo isn't it?" he frowns, "It sounds like a bit more serious than just an accident."

Texo tries to remember "I know....lets see...this weasel came walking over to me and a couple others saying how who cares if a woodlaner fell into a hole or the master healer who seemed a friend to woodlanders and he said something how maybe they should just..be let to..die"He frowns, he is just repeating what he heard "He also doesn't like the fact the tavern is run by a ...."Well he is not repeating the word, "Umm..badger but he didn't say badger, he said something else...that if you said it to a badger you likely get ya head ripped off"

Lyra is listening clearly and already heading off "We go then and find Log-a-lOg and also..who was it Nardo? And if needed stab a weasel..."She adds softly "Not you the other one"

Benar says, "I guess we need to be on the lookout for a weasel planning to cause trouble," he frowns, "But there is always some beast who does not like the fact that we live in peace here.""

Texo nods "I am a friend to the abbey..I would hurt no one..I don't even like the sight of blood..I just build things and fix things and stay at home mostly..maybe go to the tavern sometimes and the tavern was left to the badger by Marek Redthorn, its whom the tavern is named after..Redthorn Tavern and he was a good guy...this one weasel fellow is clearly not anyone's friend...Ferravale does have some..vermin that sadly don't get along with woodlanders but that one is clearly....a lot more hateful"

Lyra speaks "We shrews don't usually trust any vermin at all, it's usually best that way but we know Ferravale has a peace treaty with the abbey, doesn't mean we go thar..usually, but in a case like this we do or least some of us will go, some will stay at the abbey, we just decide who goes with the champion and whom does not"

Benar says, "Well Lyra... I will trust you to do what is best to help locate your Log-a-Log, Matilda is a good beast to have along in a pickle as well I am sure you will all find Vilfred soon.""

Texo says, "So what should..I do just find those maps and such?"

Lyra nods and goes to see if the champion was found yet or not as in her mind the sooner they start the better.)

Benar frowns and nods to Texo, "If you can find any maps showing entrances to those tunnels it would be a big help, I will be in my office if anyone needs me."

Texo nods "Of..course...sur and I can show the champion where she is needed"

Lyra sighs and sits down as she enters "I found some to go..you will bring back my husband...safe and sound"

Texo answers"Beasts are missing but there is now a plan to find them...Log-a-Log and Nardo are missing and will be found..I hope anyways"

Krisha frowns as she enters"Beasts...are missing?" When she hears who it is she is still concerned but also glad its not Xander "Who is helping to look?"

Lyra looks up "Matilda and half of the shrews, and Texo will help as well with others"

Krisha nods "Sounds good, Xander could likely help maybe too, or the Mossflower Defenders though I know that group is sort of..small now"

Matilda makes her way into the room,"Alright alright so I been updated, so who is coming and who isn't coming along ?"

Lyra nods “4 of my shrews..I am staying with the other 3 of them”

Nardo raises a paw as he walks over.”Me ...ummm we need to stop at Town Hall but I can show you the ..where the mill..least was”

Krisha waves “I am gonna stay of course.”She offers a smile to Lyra and sits beside her to keep her company,”Don't worry our champion is very good at her job”

Matilda nods, then proceeds to head on out of the room,down the steps and to the gates. Get this started and hopefully not take too long.

Lyra and the other 3 shrews just stay in the room, for now Lyra is in charge and she hopes its only tempary as they surely don't need a new leader,nor would she ever want to be leader, least not so very soon.

Last edited by Elbio Hare and Alts (2020-01-19 03:56:23 PM)

I play
Elbio-LP Hare
Vilfred-LOG-A-LOG

Board footer