Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-12 02:20:31 PM

Willow

Returning Drinks & The Beast Below - LP log

Couple of RPs from the hares newly returned to the mountain.

Featuring:
Gregorian
Zolomon
Erg/Dominik

Salamandastron: Recreation Room

Zolomon was glad to be out of the swamps and indeed never wanted to see it again. He had taken a bath twice since they got back, and he still had an area on his arm that was super itchy cause of bug bites. And of course he kept itching it and that just made it worse, so he sighed and muttered something before looking at an ale he had but nit drank yet and drank down half of it finally before looking around the room, and then went to inch that itchy area on his arm, again.

Even after everything getting a drink was pretty low on Greg's to do list. Yes, they hadn't even been back a day and they were given the time to rest but work around the mountain didn't stop because they went to the swamps for a few weeks. He'd bathed the swamp smell out, he'd caught up with his daughter, he'd slept but since about midday he'd been in the forge sorting out the work that had come in since they went away and dealing with paperwork. He had a pile of paperwork with him and was still wearing his blacksmith's apron when he walked in the door, eyes still busy reading as he automatically found his way to the bar to order "The usual"

Zolomon looked over at Greg and nod ?Hallo sur." Again he itches at his arm and shakes his head, now the arm was getting sore but still itched so he decided to try to leave it alone as he drank a little more of his ale. He likely had paperwork but was planing to do his later.

Gregorian seems distracted "Hmm?" it's a moment before he actually looks over at the other hare "Zolomon" he pauses as he sees the scratching and Zolomon's arm. He leans away a little "Please don't tell me yah brought back fleas or somethin' contagious"

Zolomon shakes his head "No sur, it's bug bite or..bites maybe, they are bally well driving me insane and won't stop itching"He manages to not itch them more but it's clear he wants to."I am sure it will be fine"

Gregorian relaxes slightly but still eyes Zolomon until his drink arrives "Talk tah the healahs, they might have somethin' tah stop the itchin'. Yah clearly the preferred meal of swamp bugs"

Zolomon groans, "Well, guess could be worse huh."He chuckles slightly and finishes his drink "We got Dom back so, that's good and so all can, well..try to get back ta normal now."

Gregorian sips from his drink with a grunt of agreement "Yes. It could certainly have been worse and it brings this whole swamp fiasco to a close. We still need Dom tah get back tah normal but hopefully with familiah surroundin's he might start tah act like himself again"

Zolomon says, "One never knows suppose. I am sure he will be, well him or close to him again with time. I mean nothing is overnight for anything. Wot ever happen will take time to recover from""

Gregorian sighs heavily and looks at his drink "We'll have tah see. I worry he's dangerous like this but if we isolated him he might not get bettah...I don't like tah see him behavin' like this"

Zolomon frowns "I guess, but at least he is away from the swamp and that should help. Maybe just not have him on duty for a while. but maybe still train of course just be careful with training"

Gregorian shakes his head "I'm leavin' that tah the highah officahs. He seems tah do wot Felicity suggests still at least. He used tah like the dibbuns, they might help him again...though I'll admit I'm a little hesitant ovah the idea of lettin' him anywhere near Grace currently"

Zolomon nods as Felicity is mentioned "Felicity is a good lass, maybe she can help Dom out, it's worth a try and it's always good to be carefull til ya know its ok."He gets a 2nd drink Just have an extra couple beasts around when he is near the small ones"

Gregorian sighs again "This is Dom we're talkin' about. A couple of extra hares might not be enough and it only takes a second for..." he frowns at his drink "It's probably fine" he isn't exactly reassured "We won't know until he's settled back in"

Zolomon nods slowly and hmms "Umm...have his Lordship around sometimes, if he isn't like..busy.I know Dom is like one of the strongest hares we have, if not THE strongest hare we have in the Long Patrol"

Gregorian grunts "I can't exactly tell his lordship wot tah do. I don't think I'm even high enough on the laddah tah make that sort of suggestion. I don't think it would help anyway...If Dom wants tah hurt them he can, there is nothin' that could act fast enough tah stop that if he snapped" which is terrifying when his daughter is everything to him. He squeezes the bridge of his nose and with a sniff straightens up "Ah, I'm gettin' myself worried ovah stuff we don't even know about...lets just...stop. We're home. A day or two of rest and it's business as usual"

Zolomon nods, he frowns as he would hate to see  a fellow hare need to do, well, taken out like permently.He nods "Yes sur, we all need a rest, a rest will do us all good"He offers a smile"Then back ta training some recruits and Privates. Thar is a recruit that looks promiseing for a runner maybe and they jump fairly high too"

If anything happened to Greg's daughter they'd probably have another insane hare on their paws. Greg tries to put the thought out of his mind or at least to a quiet corner where he can try to ignore it. He nods to the talk of training, trying to focus on that "Good. It's about time of of these recruits started becomin' privates"

Zolomon says, "We might have some new Privates by the end of the winter season even, tht should  jolly well be spiffy""

Gregorian scratches his beard as he's thinking "Hrm and aftah that we'll need more recruits. It's a nevah ending cycle...still, havin' some young blood fully trained up will make things easiah"

Zolomon says, "I agree, always good ta have more hares in the Long Patrol. I wonder how the one recruiting  mission is going, not heard anything of it""

Gregorian frowns slightly but looks down at his pile of papers again "I don't know, as far as I'm aware we've had no reports from them but I don't believe we were supposed to...I'm not sure how long they expected it tah take. They'll eithah make it back or they won't"

Zolomon nods "Who knows maybe they will have a lot of recruits who are ready to be Privates even"

Gregorian just hopes they come back alive but he's not going to voice such gloomy thoughts "Perhaps. Lots of recruits and tales of adventure...I suppose it's good at least some of us are off patrollin' across the lands"

Some time later.....

Salamandastron: Catacombs

It was supposed to be a day of rest but somehow Greg had tried to turn it into a day of work where he was attempting to catch up for several weeks missed in the forge. He didn't succeed of course and by dinner he was exhausted. He had no desire to hang around the mess hall with everyone today, sometimes it was best to just work things through with the ghosts instead. Far from the first time in his life he's brought dinner down here with him, the smell of food disturbing the musty air as he walks through the maze of memorials. He clearly knows his way around as he quickly comes to a little alcove with a family of urns in it. That one is decorated in metal flowers might be a dead giveaway of who he's there to see "Hey Fred, back again. Land of the livin' just can't seem tah get rid of me" he greets no one as with a creak he's lowering himself down to sit on the floor.

Dominik hadn't really been expecting anyone to be down here...for all he knew, everyone tended to avoid this particular spot except on very special occasions, and so the large hare figured it'd be a good place to stow himself for awhile while things got sorted out within his brain. Who knows how long that'd take, if it even ended up happening at all. The massive white hare crouches a short distance away from where Greg has positioned himself, and sitting by his side is a familiar face...well, not really a face, but...a one-time face...a toad skeleton. Blorg had returned, somehow! Well, really, Dom had snuck back and retrieved him, hiding the skeleton away in the group's belongings before snagging him back again once they returned to the mountain. And now, there he is. Dom stares at the skeleton, with a scowl. "...not alone," he mutters, softly, though with the way the caves are situated it's likely he can be heard.

Gregorian is not used to anyone else coming down here either or he might have bothered to look around a little before he started talking. There were occasionally mourners but they were really the only ones who ever came by and there we few hares left to mourn anyone now. Greg's ears perk immediately at the sound of a voice. For a split second he thinks it's Fred because imagining the dead hare's response was how these conversations went but no, he really did hear that and he knows that voice. Greg frowns slightly out of worry and sounds a little on edge "Dom? Is that yah there?"

Dominik's response is immediate, though his voice is at a lower volume than normal. "...no. Not Dom. Erg..." he replies. The hare had stowed himself off in one of the alcoves nearby to where Greg currently is, and very slooooowly, his head peeks out to glance over in Greg's direction. He stares at him for a few moments with those icy eyes, now made to stand out a little more due to the stark white of his fur, before giving a soft 'hmmph', and sloooowly withdrawing back into the alcove. "Vil learn, soon..." he mutters to his companion. He's shown no indications that he'd heard anything Greg had said, at all.

Gregorian's jaw tightens at the Erg thing and he frowns a little as he sees the great fluffy white thing peek out then slowly disappear again "Not goin' tah call yah bloody Erg" Greg grumbles as he stubbornly picks up his dinner. He's in a grouchy mood now that his quiet time has become crazy time "Learn wot?"

Dominik frowns, the large hare shaking his head to Blorg as he hears Greg's response. "But is name," he mutters. "Not call Erg by name, then vat? Is not Dom. Knows nothink of this Dom." He reaches out a paw to adjust the skeleton, making him sit upright a little more. Giving a satisfied nod, 'Erg' sits back with his back resting against the wall. Hearing Greg's question, Dom gives a glare in his direction. "Learn name," he replies, simply.

Gregorian just can't enjoy the food and he doesn't even get any to his mouth before he puts the plate down again "It is not name! Dom is yah. Whethah yah like it or not or yah got yah mind screwed up by those damn toads yah still Dom" he says irritably as he struggles to get up off the floor but finally he's up and heading for Dom's hiding spot "Yah weren't born in a swamp, yah didn't grow up in a swamp and yah a hare not a-" he finally sees Blorg and his brain grinds to a halt. He frowns "Yah brought a dead toad back with yah...Just...why?"

Dominik's eyes fall upon Greg as he appears in the entrance to the spot he'd chosen to hide out. He gives the older hare a glare as he listens to his words. "No toads left. Erg made sure of this. Did -nothing- to...mind. Nothing." The large hare frowns, his attention shifting back to Blorg. "Do not know of this Dom...you keep saying." He reaches out a paw and rests it on the skeleton's shoulder for a moment. Ears perk at Greg's question. "...is not dead toad, is Blorg..." he responds, his voice tinged with annoyance. "Blorg is...friend. Blorg help Erg kill toad. Til only Erg and Blorg left." He glances back to Greg and stares at him. "Cannot leave by self. Blorg comes with Erg."

Gregorian scrunches his eyes shut and presses a paw to his head as if the whole thing is giving him a headache "I don't know how much more I can take of this. Dom was our friend, we came back for him. Yah...Yah jsut find it funny tah hurt hares and now yah defilin' the place where we rest our dead with that /thing/" his temper flairs a little at the last bit because there's a toad in their catacombs. He takes a deep breath, trying to calm down but it's not really working so he turns to leave "I can't talk tah yah when yah like this"

Dominik's expression darkens, his paws clenching and unclenching as he listens to Greg. "Is -not- thing. Is Blorg," he replies with a growl. "Dom is in swamps. Is left there. Left there...ven toads put in cage. Still in cage, now. Out there." He points a trembling paw towards the exit. "Erg here, now. If not talk, then leave." With that, the large, white hare shuffles a little further into his alcove, and turns his back toward Greg, before settling himself there on the floor. "Out."

Board footer